It’s back, and packed up with 15 playable moments from across Michael Jordan’s unparalleled career. Check out NBA 2K23’s Jordan Challenge Mode.
More than just some play for gamers nostalgia, the reborn Jordan Challenge Mode is sounding pretty fantastic, especially for long time NBA fans. The mode recreates an era of basketball that’s long gone, right down to video filters and “Jordan rules”.
Here are the highlights, from the press release:
- Experience a breathtaking recreation of a bygone era, from the 1982 NCAA National Championship to the 1998 NBA Finals. Each challenge features a pre-game interview with a luminary who was a part of what made every game special;
- A complete presentational package including an intricately designed video filter system that recreates the television experience of these games as they were originally broadcast during the 1980s and 1990s, showcasing the look, feel and sound that take players back to the original game;
- Key gameplay changes to fit the era, such as a heavier focus on the post and mid-range game and reworking the transition game for the 1980s feel, including tighter transition lanes and more players cutting to the basket with a numbers advantage, as opposed to the spotting up for three you see in today’s NBA;
- More physicality modeled on the floor and in the paint, along with new signature style upgrades for classic greats like Magic Johnson and Larry Bird, featuring all-new jump shot, layup and dunk packages;
- Hand-checking and hard-hitting body-ups for a different feel to the one-on-one battles with accurately represented regulations that mirror the 1990s basketball era, like the Detroit Pistons “Bad Boys” with their famous “Jordan Rules” and more.
NBA 2K23 is set to open its season on September 9th, for Xbox and PlayStation platforms, as well as the Switch and PC.