Though you knew all about what the future might hold for one of the biggest FPS franchises around? Get ready for Call of Duty: Next.
By now fans of Call of Duty kind of know what’s next for the franchise. That being Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II of course. The soft-rebooted sub-series has its first ‘sequel’ en route for release this fall, and it looks to continue the story of global upheaval that the first title kicked off. Well, that and it’s set to bring back more of the classic CoD multiplayer that fans eat up. Can’t forget that.
But publisher Activision says to hold that thought, because there might be a few things that you don’t know about just yet. In fact, there definitely are, and Call of Duty: Next is going to see you looped in.
Next will mark the first “Franchise Showcase” for the brand, and air on September 15th. It sounds like it might include quite a bit too, for the CoD faithful to dig into.
Loaded up will be:
- What the imminent future of Call of Duty will look like, including many more details regarding Modern Warfare II, information on the next Call of Duty: Warzone, and more on the mobile version of Call of Duty: Warzone (also known as Project Aurora).
- A full Modern Warfare II Multiplayer reveal.
- A multitude of your favorite streamers at the event, playing the games in real time.
- Additional information and surprises!
Along with that news, we’ve also got fresh info as to the Beta dates for the game. Yes, even though w’ll be fairly close to launch when they hit, there will be a slate of beta tests. Those will be spread out across 2 weekends, and will include:
- PlayStation Early Access: September 16 at 10am PT to September 20 – those who preordered the game on PS4 or PS5 or received a beta code
- PlayStation Open Beta: September 18 at 10am PT to September 20 – accessible to all PlayStation players regardless of preorder status
- Xbox and PC Early Access: September 22 at 10am PT to September 26 – those who preordered the game for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC via Blizzard Battle.net or Steam
- Xbox and PC Open Beta: September 24 at 10am PT to September 26 – accessible to Xbox and PC players regardless of preorder status
- PlayStation Open Beta (Second Weekend): September 22 at 10am PT through September 26 – accessible to all PS4 and PS5 owners regardless of preorder status
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II lands on October 28th, 2022 for consoles and the PC.