No, that headline isn’t a typo, Hot Toys is prolific. But more than that, they also make some of the coolest stuff out there. Case in point, Iron Man.
“Give me the case! Come on!” – Tony Stark™
If you saw Iron Man 2, then you know the scene. Stark is pushing himself to the limit, hoping to burn out before health issues do him in (spoiler: they don’t). He blasts around the track in his F1 racer, but is cut short by the supervillain Whiplash. Literally. Whiplash cuts his car pretty much in half.
Stark is staggered, but okay, and quickly suits up with his suitcase armor. Something torn right from the comics, the suitcase armor is exactly what it sounds like, and armors Iron Man up in something that looks reminiscent of the Silver Centurion.
It was a cool moment is what I still personally think is an under-appreciated film. And now, to celebrate a staggering 600 Movie Masterpiece (from across all licenses) figures, this scene is being immortalized in plastic.
The figure is awesome looking, and features a standalone Stark, in his blue racing suit. But over that suit, you can add pieces of the aforementioned Mark V armor, complete with LED light-up Arc Reactor and forearms.
There are also a pair of flavors for this one with both standard and Deluxe versions. The Deluxe features everything from the standard release, but also includes the actual suitcase that produces the armor. Even better, it actuality expands (to a degree) to replicate the film.
The Tony Stark Mark V Suit Up Collectible Figure features:
- Ultra-detailed individually hand-painted likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark
- Newly developed 1/6 scale body with over 30 points of articulation
- Tailored racing suit
- Black shoes
- Attachable Iron Man Mark V armor parts including: One helmet, Forearm armor, Waist armor, Thigh armor, and Foot armor
- LED-light up function on arc reactor on chest, and forearms (battery operated)
- Further attachable armored elements with articulation to simulate the suiting up process including: Articulated chest armor, back armor, shoulder armors, upper arm armor, and calf armor
- One pair of hands with articulated fingers and light-up repulsors (battery operated)
- Additional Iron Man Mark V armor parts for interchangeable display style on chest, waist, back, and forearms
- Three pairs of interchangeable gloved hands
- Themed figure base with movie logo, character name plate, and graphic card
The Deluxe Version (sold separately) also features:
- Ultra-detailed and movie-accurate Mark V suitcase (with articulated function)
- Additional set of armor-assembling parts (attachable to suitcase)
Looking to pick one of these Iron Men up for yourself? Both versions are available for pre-order now from Sideshow Toys, and will ship next summer (2022). Click here to see the Deluxe, and here for the standard.
Looking for Whiplash to face off against Tony? Yep, they have one of them too, and he’s actually available to ship right now. Click here to check him out.