Diamond Select has a solid slate on tap this week, with figures based on The Rocketeer as well as The Black Hole, and a pair of comic inspired statues.
So, this subheading only works for half of this week’s items from DST. The other half, which is strictly of the statue variety, is quite the opposite. That’s because it includes some big names.
The first two are of Tim Drake’s Robin from DC Comics, and the second is Jubilee, from Marvel Comics’ X-Men. Fans might remember that these two characters actually share a link, so it’s particularly cool that we’re getting them both in the same week.
Believe it or not, the third Robin and Jubilee crossed over in the massive Marvel vs DC event back in the 90s. And if I remember correctly, there was even a little romance happening.
- DC Comic Gallery Robin PVC Diorama
- A Diamond Select Toys release! Tim Drake arcs over a smokestack in this dynamic new entry in the DC Comic Gallery Diorama line. Measuring approximately 9 inches tall, this sculpture of Robin is crafted of high-quality PVC and features detailed sculpting and paint details. Packaged in a full-color window box. Designed by Shawn Knapp, sculpted by Joe Menna. (Item #OCT192536, SRP: $49.99)
- Marvel Comic Gallery Jubilee PVC Diorama
- A Diamond Select Toys release! The X-Men’s resident sparkler enters the Danger Room in this new Gallery Diorama! Wearing her trademark yellow coat and dodging the Danger Room’s attacks, Jubilee stands approximately 8 inches tall, and features detailed sculpting and paint applications. She comes packaged in a full-color window box. Designed by Uriel Caton, sculpted by Alejandro Pereira. (Item #OCT192543, SRP: $49.99)
Both statues look great, and are both a part of DST’s Gallery line. That basically means they have a similar scale and sculpting. As for the third? That’d be the Spirit of Vengeance himself.
- Marvel Comic Milestones Ghost Rider Resin Statue
- A Diamond Select Toys release! Gaze into his penance stare! The original Spirit of Vengeance pulls off stunt worthy of the daredevil he is in this dynamic new statue from the Marvel Milestones collection! Seen as he swings a chain from the handlebars of his motorcycle, this approximately 15-inch resin statue is limited to only 1,000 numbered pieces and comes packaged with a certificate of authenticity in a full-color box. Designed by Nelson X. Asencio, sculpted by Mat Brouillard. (Item #JUL192672, SRP: $299.99)
Ghost Rider comes in as a part of the Marvell Milestone series, and is limited to 1000 pieces globally. He’s double the size of Jubes and Tim, and costs quite a bit more too since he’s a premium piece.
So here’s the niche
Finally we get to the (arguably) good part. A trio of DST’s ‘Selects’ figures are arriving this week as well. And if you’re a sci-fi movie buff, there’s probably a good chance you’re gonna dig ’em.
The first one is none other than Cliff Secord, the Rocketeer, and the other two are from Disney’s genre classic, The Black Hole.
- Disney Select Classic Action Figures Series 1 Black Hole VINCENT and BOB (Item #MAY199069, SRP: $29.99)
- Disney Select Classic Action Figures Series 1 Black Hole Maximilian (Item #MAY199070, SRP: $29.99)
- Disney Select Classic Action Figures Series 1 Rocketeer (Item #MAY199071, SRP: $29.99)
A Diamond Select Toys release! The ultimate fan-demanded action figure line is here! Featuring characters from classic Disney action films, this assortment of 7-inch-scale action figures includes robot V.I.N.CENT (with B.O.B.) from “The Black Hole,” evil robot Maximilian from “The Black Hole” and, from his own film, the high-flying Rocketeer! Each figure includes multiple interchangeable parts, and the Black Hole robots each include part of a diorama base from the interior of the USS Cygnus. Each comes packaged in Select action figure packaging. Designed by Yuri Tming, sculpted by Gentle Giant Studios! (Assortment #AUG192721, SRP: $29.99/ea.)Diamond Select