Batman ’89 fans take note, Mezco has a winner of a variant ready for pre-order. It’s the Sovereign Knight – Onyx Edition.
Not a company to shy away from a few variants, Mezco has a winner of an alternate already for this very figure. While the standard Sovereign Knight is no slouch, there’s a classic blue and grey version too. Unlike a similar variant for their first Bat-figure, that one even has the yellow oval bat-symbol. It’s pretty much everything an 80s Batman fan could want… and then comes this.
The Onyx Edition of the Sovereign Knight follows up on that first variant with an all-black bat-suit… also with the yellow oval. So you’re basically getting a Michael Keaton-era movie Batman here, just without the name. The utility belt and accessories even have a coppery-gold color scheme to complete the look.
Can I rationalize buying three versions of the same figure? You bet I can.
Sovereign Knight – Onyx Edition is available right here, and will ship out in the February to April, 2019 time frame. Scroll down to see what’s included.
THE ONE:12 COLLECTIVE BATMAN SOVEREIGN KNIGHT FIGURE FEATURES:
- One:12 Collective body with over 30 points of articulation
- Four (4) head portraits
- Hand painted authentic detailing
- Approximately 17cm tall
- Nine (9) interchangeable hands
- One (1) pair of fists (L&R)
- One (1) pair of posing hands (L&R)
- One (1) pair of gun holding hands (L&R)
- One (1) pair of batarang holding hands (L&R)
- One (1) kryptonite knuckle duster (R)
- Cowled head
- Chest insignia
- Leather-like cape
- Fitted suit with body armor detail
- SAP gloves
- Utility belt with grappling gun holster
- Tactical boots
- Ten (10) small batarangs
- One (1) large batarang
- One (1) bat-drone
- One (1) sonic distributor
- One (1) grappling gun
- One (1) grappling hook (inserts into gun)
- One (1) grappling hook with string attached (inserts into gun)
Each One:12 Collective Sovereign Knight – Onyx Edition figure is packaged in a collector friendly box, designed with collectors in mind.