Return to Doom’s multiplayer and Snap Map modes with all new features and unlockables.
Continuing the nice little track of free Doom content downloads is this fifth delivery. And there’s quite a bit in this pack too, so you get a good deal of hell added into your copy of Doom for zippo in the cash department.
A new mode adds a bit of sporting good fun to multiplayer, along with a raise in the level cap and the ability to battle bots. As for Snap Map, creators and players can look forward to playing with more campaign elements and locations. That’s not all though, as you’ll also be (finally) able to play as the Doom Marine himself.
Here’s the official rundown of what’s included:
- Infernal Run – a new competitive game mode where teams fight for control of the ball and score in the opponent’s goal.
- Bots – available on original multiplayer maps in Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch game modes.
- Multiplayer rank now extends to Echelon 11 – once you reach the new highest ranking, you’ll unlock the signature DOOM Marine Armor (Praetor Suit)!
- Play as the DOOM Marine in the DOOM Marine Armor (Praetor Suit).
- More elements from the campaign, allowing you to play and create even more campaign-like experiences.
- Lazarus Lab themed modules and props.
But wait, there’s more! While this free fifth update is available right now, also coming up is the last DLC pack – Bloodfall.
Included in that, you’ll find the ability to play as the sneakiest of demons, the Specter. And, of course, it goes without saying that there will be new maps as well – three of them. The pack hits on the 15th of this month (December).
Oh, and to celebrate all these new additions -you guessed it- Bethesda is having a Double XP weekend. Starting “later this evening”, the Double XP will run through the 12th (Monday) at 12pm eastern time.