EA has taken the wraps off the full selection of play modes that Battlefield 4 will present to current and next-gen players when it drops later this month (next for next-gen).
If you’re into first-person military shooters, then I doubt you’re going to be too disappointed by what the upcoming blockbuster will have to offer gamers in terms of its multiplayer mode selection. A total of 7 different modes will be open and playable to wreak havoc in including:
- Conquest (Playable in the Battlefield 4 Beta) – All-out vehicle warfare mixed with intense infantry action across land, air and sea
- Domination (Playable in the Battlefield 4 Beta) – Fast-paced infantry variant of Conquest
- Obliteration – Mad dash in vehicles and on foot to deliver explosives
- Defuse – Competitive close quarters combat
- Team Deathmatch – The classic shooter mode – Battlefield 4 style
- Rush – Fight deep into enemy territory by detonating their M-COM stations
- Squad Deathmatch – Four squads fight on the ground with limited vehicle support in a race to the top of the leaderboard
EA is really touting the Conquest and Obliteration modes for the former’s vehicular focus and the latter’s sheer insanity. The company is also playing up the level of variety that the game offers, and there’s no denying that it does. From team battles to vehicular combat focused around a sound strategy, Battlefield has a little of everything in it’s multiplayer field kit- and it’s been developed by DICE, do you can count a solid pedigree in there too.
Battlefield 4 hits the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October the 29th with the PlayStation 4 hitting on November 12 in North America and November 29 in Europe and the Xbox One edition coming on November 19 in North America and November 22 in Europe.