Blood soaked, side-scrolling action title Valfaris just got a little more metal this week, with the console release of the hardcore Full Metal mode.
Time to thrash
With tinges of heavy metal influence, Valfaris is already pretty rocking. It’s about to get much more so though, with the latest DLC, the Full Metal mode. Just a warning though, this isn’t going to be a cakewalk.
Effectively, Full Metal mode is a New Game+ mode. The name is just developer Steel Mantis’ way of telling you you’re going to get killed… a lot. At least, it sounds like you will from the press release.
Good thing then, that you’ll be getting a new weapon to take on the hordes of monstrous beasts with.
- All weapons, upgrades, and upgrade items carry over between runs
- Enemies have increased health, attack, and aggression
- Bosses receive the same buffs – with additional attack patterns
- Therion takes more damage
- New Destroyer Class Weapon
The update that adds in Full Metal is a free one, though there is a little caveat with actually playing it. If you’re familiar with New Game+ modes already, you know that you have to actually beat the game once to open them up. So if you haven’t done so already, get to it.