It’s finally here. One of the biggest games of the summer, and the first Ultimate Alliance title in a decade has arrived for Nintendo Switch.
Is there a bigger game this summer than Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order? It’s not Rage 2 or Wolfenstein’s new additions, and it’s not Crash Team Racing either, as fun as it is. The only real competition in terms of being hotly anticipated might have been Super Mario Maker 2, another Switch exclusive.
But I think MUA3 beats even that. It’s been 10 years since gamers have seen this franchise after all, and it was easily one of the best sets of superhero games ever.
Starting with the X-Men Legends games, Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a joy, combining simple, team-based gameplay with lite RPG mechanics and a roster of heroes that was (and is) unbeatable. There’s just nowhere else that you’re going to get this many superheroes together in one game.
Now it’s finally (almost) here, and just in time for Comic Con. As you might imagine too, there are no other triple-A releases for Switch this week. However, the NES virtual console does get Wrecking Crew and Donkey Kong 3, and Redeemer: Enhanced Edition arrives as well. That one looks to be kind of interesting.
Here’s the full listing:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order – The MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCEseries returns for the first time in 10 years with a new action RPG exclusively on the Nintendo Switch system. Assemble your ultimate team of Marvel Super Heroes from a huge cast, including the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men and more. Team up with friends* to prevent galactic devastation at the hands of the mad cosmic tyrant Thanos and his ruthless warmasters, The Black Order.
- Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online**
- Wrecking Crew – In the days before Mario and Luigi became sports stars in their downtime from saving the princess, they tried their hands as one-man wrecking crews. With a hammer as their only tool, take control of the brothers and set out to destroy ladders, rip out pipes, knock out walls and detonate explosive devices. But make sure to plan your path of destruction carefully, as each building is designed as its own clever puzzle.
- Donkey Kong 3 – Based on the third game in the enormously popular arcade series, Donkey Kong 3 introduces an exterminator named Stanley as he desperately tries to protect the flowers in his greenhouse from Donkey Kong. Armed only with a can of bug spray, Stanley must force Donkey Kong higher and higher into the greenhouse rafters until Donkey Kong is off the screen and the next stage is reached.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Adrenaline Rush – Miami Drive
- Alien Escape
- Ape Out – Demo Version – Available July 22
- Arcade Archives Shusse Ozumo
- Archlion Saga
- Astro Bears – Available July 19
- Automachef – Available July 23
- BATTLE & CRASH
- BATTLESHIP – Available July 24
- Bot Vice – Demo Version
- Bubble Cats Rescue
- Desktop Table Tennis Trial Edition – Available July 19
- High Noon Revolver – Available July 23
- Jim Is Moving Out! – Available July 19
- JumpHead: Battle4Fun! – Available July 19
- KILL la KILL – IF – Demo Version – Available July 19
- Lust for Darkness
- Mini Trains – Available July 19
- Mochi Mochi Boy – Available July 19
- Pawarumi – Available July 24
- Quest Hunter
- Redeemer: Enhanced Edition – Available July 19
- Rise: Race The Future – Available July 22
- Royal Roads
- Run the Fan – Available July 23
- Switchy Road
- Tarot Readings Premium
- The Drama Queen Murder
- World Cruise Story