The Switchpocalypse has begun. THQ Nordic’s original Darksiders title has hit the Nintendo Switch in Warmastered form.
Originally released just after the New Year in 2010, the original Darksiders introduced a fresh, detailed, and just plain cool looking world. With designs from comic book artist Joe Madureira though, that was bound to happen. The series since has shaped a post-apocalyptic landscape that’s unique from any other.
The original Darksiders showcased a future where the biblical apocalypse had its way with Earth. You play as the Horseman of the Apocalypse War, framed for triggering the end of the world.
Now on the Nintendo Switch, fans get the revamped version of Darksiders, dubbed the Warmastered Edition.
- Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
- Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthly weapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
- Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
- Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons, unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
- Battle Heaven and Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way – from war-weary angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes
If you’ve never played a Darksiders title before, this is the place to start. It’s a gem of an action/adventure that’ll give you good reason to take your Switch with you this spring.
The game is out right now, and will run you $29.99 USD.