After popping up a dozen or so times, 2K’s BioShock collected edition is official.
Yep, there she be in all her glory. Often hinted at and leaked all over the place, this one’s been a long time coming. And if you’ve not yet experienced Irrational Games’ best, then you need to take a long look at this collection. All three of the games (and then some) therein are worth your time.
You might have heard that Infinite isn’t as great as everyone says. You might also have heard that the sequel (developed by 2K Marin) wasn’t very good. Personally, and I’m a huge fan of the original, I loved all three to death.
The series encapsulated fantastic graphics and sound, innovative gameplay, and some top notch ideas and commentary. Oh yeah, and they’re fun too. I don’t feel out of line saying that all of them are worthy additions to anyone’s library.
BioShock: The Collection is set to be available for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Expect it September 13th in North America, on the 15th in Australia, and on the 16th “internationally”.
Here’s your rundown of what’s included in the pack:
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
BioShock 2 (**Multiplayer will not be included)
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you’ve never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva’s Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea – Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia’s Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.