According to the NPD sales charts, the Xbox 360 led the pack with 130,000 consoles sold, holding 42% of current gen console sales in April.
The company raked up $208 million from hardware, software, and accessories. Regarding game sales, the numbers went down a bit, but according to NPD analyst Liam Callahan”April launches in 2013 fared much better than games launched in April 2012, up 118% in unit sales and 130% in dollar sales.”
The top selling game for the month belongs to NetherRealm Studios and their latest product, Injustice: Gods Among Us. Injustice marks the first time in a while that a fighting game held the top spot on a sales chart. The last, coincidentally, was Mortal Kombat.
Looks like Superman will in fact take over the world! My only hope is that I will get a sweet Regime costume and a set of cheap keepaway attacks!
Here’s the list for those interested:
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (360, PS3, NWU)**
- Dead Island Riptide (360, PS3, PC)**
- BioShock Infinite (360, PS3, PC)**
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, PC, NWU)**
- Defiance (360, PS3, PC)**
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, WII, NWU, PSP, PC)**
- Skylanders Giants (WII, 360, PS3, 3DS, NWU)**
- Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins (3DS)
- MLB 13: The Show (PS3, Vita)
For more on the latest sales, and more on Injustice, keep it locked here on Brutal Gamer!
Not too surprising in terms of who came out on top, but I am a little taken back by the upswing in the industry. It seemed like only last month (was it last month?) that sales were floundering and now we’ve got a year-over-year for April of 118% up! Good to see at any rate.