If you’re looking for a little ‘free’ PC gaming to fill out your December, you could do significantly worse than FPS Deathloop.
Bethesda and developer Arkane Lyon’s Deathloop was massively acclaimed when it made its arrival as a PS5 and PC exclusive in 2021. A first-person shooter that’s since come to the Xbox as well, the title set players into the boots of a man called Colt, an assassin who’s found himself caught in a time-loop.
Deathloop is still pretty highly regarded, and now it’s free for those who subscribe to Prime Gaming. Well, it will be free anyway, and in short order as it headlines Amazon’s collection of gratis games for the month of December, in the year 2023.
Not the most loaded of months, the last period of the year includes a series of titles that you probably have never heard of, though that does include Atari’s remake of Asteroids. That one might be worth a try as well, as the line of remakes from the publisher have been pretty arguably decent throughout.
Here’s what’s on tap:
- December 7 DEATHLOOP [Epic Games Store] – Trapped in a mysterious time loop, players must venture through the island of Blackreef and assassinate key targets before the day resets. To end this cycle, assassins must learn from their mistakes, try new methods, gather information, collect weapons and more, doing whatever it takes to break the loop.
- December 14 Akka Arrh [Amazon Games App] – Fight off swarms of enemies and link combos to protect your life rings and aim for a high score in this fast-paced, arcade shooter game filled with psychedelic visuals.
- December 14 Aground [Amazon Games App] – Survive an uninhabited island with castaways as players must craft, mine and build from the ground up, all while encountering new characters, technology, magic and many more surprises.
- December 14 SeaOrama: World of Shipping [Amazon Games App] – Embark on a thrilling pioneering journey to grow and establish your shipping company by transporting goods, strategizing, investing and more.
- December 21 Kombinera [Epic Games Store] – Save King Kombine from the Kave of Kaos by controlling and combining multiple colored balls simultaneously in this mind-boggling puzzle platformer.
- December 28 A Tiny Sticker Tale [Amazon Games App] – Change the world using the power of stickers in this cozy miniature adventure!
- December 28 Asteroids: Recharged [Epic Games Store] – Survive the depths of space by jamming with the beat to the soundtrack from award-winning video game composer Megan McDuffee in this revitalized classic arcade shooter.
As you can see above, Amazon’s keeping with the staged-plan, with the first freebie hitting on the 7th. From then on, through Christmas and before New Year’s Eve, you’ll be able to grab the full list.
A few for the Luna-tics
If you also like to stream some entertainment via Amazon’s Luna service, you’ve got what might be an even better month of content to look forward to. Luna is set to serve up some side-scrolling gems with both Bloodrayne and Steel Assault, plus some Fortnite action and more.
Hitting the service to kick off the month, are:
- Strange Horticulture
- Bloodrayne: Fresh Bites
- Steel Assault
- Once Upon a Jester
Now, normally we’d be following that list of Luna titles up with a massive listing of DLC and add-ons that Prime Gaming is dropping as well. This month though, that’s completely absent from the press release, and there’s no word on where it’s gone.
There might still be a host of stuff arriving and Amazon just isn’t talking it up anymore, or it might be that Prime Gaming will be refocusing on full retail titles and Luna streaming. Either way, stay tuned and we’ll let you know if we hear anything one way or the other.
Oh, and if you’d like to read a deeper lookout all of the above in the meantime, click here for the official Amazon blog post.