Crash Team Rumble is still rolling, with a just-arrived season 2 that’s packed with new maps, modes, and lots more.
First launched in June of this year, Crash Team Rumble hasn’t really had the same level if impact that you’d expect from a ‘Crash Bandicoot’ game. The actual launch wasn’t celebrated in the same way as Crash’s other recent installments were, kind of drifting by without much hoopla. And here in the post-launch period, there doesn’t seem to be a heck of a lot of fans talking about it.
That though, is something that Activision will be looking to change with the arrival of the game’s season 2. Even without the word of mouth, the publisher is seemingly still very much committed to Crash Team Rumble. That much is obvious, as the company has just launched that second season of content, and it’s actually pretty loaded.
The release covers both limited-time and party modes, two new maps, a new playable ‘hero’ with Ripto, and lots more.
Even with all of the other new stuff, including Spyro’s nemesis, it’s Party Mode that’s the jewel in the crown of this season. The mode actually brings a total of five new play-types with it to keep players logging in, each of them radically different.
So if you’re looking to add a little Crash Team Rumble to your own get-togethers, it looks like season 2 could make things a bit more interesting.
- Speed Run – Race through speed pads with your teammates while dodging hazards like bumpers and nitro crates. Players are connected by a tether that increases their speed, but breaks if players move too far apart from their teammates. Don’t leave anyone behind, and race as a group to achieve the best times!
- What’s Cookin? – Work together to collect specific ingredients and add them to a huge pot that travels around the map. Make sure to communicate with your teammates to ensure you aren’t grabbing the wrong ingredients, and always keep an eye on the pot!
- Get Lit – Players must use a candle to light lanterns scattered around a massive tower before time runs out. Your candle will burn out, so you’ll need to rely on your teammates to re-light it to keep up the pace. Careful timing and coordination are the keys to success!
- Dig It – Search across the map for buried bones and reassemble them in the center to uncover a full skeleton! Some bones are larger than others and need multiple players to carry them. Make good use of the ping system, and time your jumps in tandem to ensure the best times.
- Balloon Bounce (releasing later during Season 2) – Leap high in the sky above Calamity Canyon, and bounce across huge balloons to score points. Each wave generates different sets of balloons; your team will need to bounce on a certain number of each shape to claim victory. Bounce carefully, as multiple players leaping at the same balloon may find themselves plummeting back to earth!
Activision press release
Crash Team Rumble season 2 is live now for all versions of the game.