It’s going to be a very big NYCC this October for the newly formed Warner Bros Discovery. The company is planning a monster list of happenings.
It wasn’t long ago that DC went from having a booth on the show floor, to being plunked next to the exit. Not that the space was minuscule, but it wasn’t very interesting either. And most importantly, it wasn’t even close to what DC traditionally had. I don’t remember there being all that many panels either, or signings for that matter.
Fast forward a few years though, and things are looking different. We still don’t know what DC comics will have in terms of a booth, but we do know that the brand’s presence will be heavily felt. One pandemic and one mega-corporate merger later, Warner Bros (in general) is seemingly back.
Warner Bros Discovery’s showing won’t be relegated to just comic book heroes either. There will be a large selection of panels taking place for a number of the company’s outlets. Expect to see panels covering HBO Max, CW, and Discovery+ releases, as well as home video launches. As mentioned too, there’ll be what sounds like a very cool activation on the show floor itself.
That’ll focus on Titans, the HBO Max series that’s based on Nightwing (and the Teen Titans) and S.T.A.R. Labs. Booth #1001 will be the place for that, and it’s there that show-goers will be able to check out “an interactive lab facility complete with hero testing stations, supersuit reveals, fan giveaways, surprise guest appearances, and much more”.
The above will supplement the actual Titans panel too. It’s there where star Brenton Thwaites, showrunner Greg Walker, and “others” will be talking about the Lab’s place in the show as it rolls into its new season.
Scroll down for a full listing of what’s on tap.
Thursday, October 6
- EXPLORE THE DC MULTIVERSE PANEL
- DC and The World’s Greatest Super Heroes the home for fans of great superhero storytelling worldwide! The creative talent behind some of DC’s most popular characters are on hand to give behind the scenes details on their stories and how everything is headed towards huge events in the future. Thursday, October 6, 1:45pm
- PENNYWORTH: THE ORIGIN OF BATMAN’S BUTLER SCREENING
- The DC origin series Pennyworth: The Origin of Batman’s Butler follows Alfred Pennyworth, a former British SAS soldier, who forms a security company in 1960s London and goes to work with young billionaire Thomas Wayne and his wife Martha, before they become Bruce Wayne’s parents. Season three, premiering October 6 as a Max Original, begins after a five-year time jump: the civil war is over, and a cultural revolution has changed the world for better or worse – ushering in a new age of Super Heroes and Supervillains. Join series stars Jack Bannon and Ben Aldridge along with executive producers Bruno Heller and John Stephens for a screening of the thrilling season three premiere, as well as a discussion of the new season, exclusive sneak peeks and more. The panel will be moderated by Christian Holub (Entertainment Weekly). Thursday, October 6, 3:15pm
Friday, October 7
- TURN OUT THE LIGHTS! WITH THE GHOST BROTHERS
- As the first and only black paranormal investigators Dalen Spratt, Juwan Mass, and Marcus Harvey are seeking the truth in the spiritual realm, and with multiple TV series plus a podcast, the trio has a lot to share from their supernatural haunts and jaunts. The Brothers will give fans exclusive intel on the new season of their hit discovery+ series Ghost Brothers: Lights Out, their wildest ghost hunts, and what their paranormal work means to them. Fans in the room will also receive an exclusive giveaway. Come venture into the unknown with Ghost Brothers! Friday, October 7, 10:45am
- BATMAN: THE AUDIO ADVENTURES CAST AND PRODUCER PANEL
- Batman: The Audio Adventures, the Webby Award-Winning original scripted podcast, is returning to the ear waves with a second season coming soon to HBO Max. Join Emmy® Award-winner Dennis McNicholas (Saturday Night Live) alongside cast members Jeffrey Wright (The Batman) and Bobby Moynihan (Saturday Night Live) for a preview of the all-new collection of Gotham City noir crime tales. Batman: The Audio Adventures is written and directed by Dennis McNicholas and features a star-studded cast including Jeffrey Wright, Seth Meyers, Chris Parnell, Rosario Dawson, Bobby Moynihan, John Leguizamo, and more lending their voices to bringing the thrilling, fantastical, and sometimes comical stories of Gotham City to life. Listen to season one of Batman: The Audio Adventures now on HBO Max or wherever you get your podcasts.Friday, October 7, 1:45pm
- JIM LEE & FRIENDS PANEL
- DC is highlighting some of the incredible talent and showcasing the biggest books coming out of DC this year and next! Friday, October 7, 3:15pm
- TRICK OR TREAT! SCOOBY DOO SCREENING
- Don your Halloween costume and celebrate the spooky season with Scooby and the Mystery Inc. crew! Join us for an exclusive Scoobtober treat (no tricks, we promise) – the premiere screening of the all-new animated adventure, “Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!” Enjoy games, goodies, giveaways and more! Friday, October 7, 5:15pm
Saturday, October 8
- DC’S SUPERMAN PANEL
- This November marks the 30th Anniversary of The Death of Superman, at a moment when DC’s Superman story is more dynamic than ever. Writers Dan Jurgens (The Death of Superman 30th Anniversary), Joshua Williamson (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths), Mark Russell(Superman: Space Age) and Phillip Kennedy Johnson (Action Comics) are joined by moderator Alex Segura (Superman: Kal-El Returns), to share what’s comings up for the iconic Super Hero in 2023. Saturday, October 8, 1:45pm
Sunday, October 9
- DC’S GOTHAM CITY PANEL
- Find out what’s next for the famous—and infamous—Gotham City, and its denizens of Super-Villains and Super Heroes. Sunday, October 9, 10:45 am
- The newest heroes of Gotham City are rolling into New York Comic Con for a special panel and screening featuring the premiere of two never-before-seen episodes of “Batwheels.” Join co-executive producer Michael G. Stern and supervising producer Simon J. Smith along with voice cast Jacob Bertrand (Bam the Batmobile), Xolo Maridueña (Snowy the Snowcrawler), Lilimar (Batwing the Batwing Jet Plane), and AJ Hudson (Robin) for a look under the hood of DC’s first-ever Batman preschool animated series coming soon to Cartoonito on Cartoon Network and Cartoonito on HBO Max. Sunday, October 9, 11:15am