The (overall) 750th issue of Marvel Comics’ Thor will be a packed one, with plenty of major happenings, and a few returning favorites on the creative end.
The wake of the “God of Hammers” story-arc will be the setting for Thor #24. That is the official number of what will be the overall 750th issue of the thunder god’s continuing adventures in the Marvel Universe. And it’s gonna be one packed book.
After the close of God of Hammers, Thor’s world is in turmoil. For one thing, his trusty uru mallet Mjolnir is gone, shattered. And for another, his father Odin, lord of Asgard, is dead. Well… maybe. Maybe not.
As things go, Odin’s spirit has been bonded to a newly reforged hammer. though in Thor #24, no one actually knows that. Yes, it’s a tale with some mystery, which is fitting for the title hero.
But while echos from Thor’s past will still be heard loudly as the book moves forward, so to will echos of creative teams past. Marvel says that a number of Thor-alumni will feature in issue #24, Dan Jurgens and the great Walt Simonson.
Here are the what’s and who’s of Thor 750
- Writer J. Michael Straczynski and artist Oliver Coipel reunite for a story set during their redefining Thor saga
- Legendary comics creator Dan Jurgens writes and draws an incredible Thor and Balder teamup
- Comics icon Walter Simonson makes his grand return to Thor, writing and drawing an all-new adventure that explores the origin of his beloved creation, Beta Ray Bill
- Al Ewing and Lee Garbett collaborate for the first time since LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD to bring you an all-new chapter for the god of mischief that leads directly into Ewing’s upcoming DEFENDERS BEYOND series
- And prepare for a revelatory tale about Odin that only writer Jason Aaron and artist Das Pastoras can deliver!
Thor #24 hits the stands on April 27th.