Bub and Bob are back at it again, this time with a little vacay in Puzzle Bobble 3D: Vacation Odyssey. It’s out now and playable via PS4/5 or PSVR.
It’s virtually a vacation
A classic video game property that’s been around forever, Bubble Bobble’s spinoff Puzzle Bobble is making the leap into virtual reality. Well, sort of. While the new game from Survios and Taito is indeed a VR title, it’s also playable out of a headset.
When you pick up a copy, it’s fully playable in a more classic mode via the PS4 or PS5. But if you don a PSVR headset, you’re in for something a little different.
Here’s your feature-set, right from the press release:
- 100 New, 3D Puzzles: For the first time in Puzzle Bobble history, spin, color-match and solve 3D bubble configurations with added depth and physics.
- A Classic Remade for Cross-Reality Play: Fully playable on PS4, PS5 or in PS VR – swap seamlessly in and out of a headset on the PS4 version.
- Optional PS VR Support: Virtual reality transforms players into a bubble-popping dragon to tackle puzzles in a new first-person perspective, with physicalized interactions when paired with PlayStation Move controllers.
- 3 Distinct Puzzle Modes: Master 100 progressively difficult puzzles in Story Mode, kick back and pop endless puzzles in Infinite Mode, or hop into online 1v1 Duel Mode, which supports matches across PS5, PS4 and PS VR.
- Easy to Pick-Up-&-Play; Challenging to Master: Simple controls and intuitive game mechanics introduce puzzle popping in a fun, non-intimidating way.
- Color Blindness Accessibility Options: 3 distinct Color Blindness Accessibility options make it possible for players who have R/G, B/Y or UNI to play.
Puzzle Bobble 3D: Island Vacation is out right now in the form of one title playable on the PS4, PS5, and PSVR.