A pair of new DC Comics’ figure are set to join Hot Toys impressive lineup of 12″ scale collector figures, with Cyborg and Batman in his XE suit.
We’ve been showing you a lot of related Hot Toys releases as of late. You know, multiple figures that are from the same shows or movies? In this instance though, we’ve got a pair of upcoming DC Comics launches that are really not associated with each other at all. Well, other than the fact that they’re both pretty slick figures that is.
First up is none other than the Justice League powerhouse Cyborg. This version of Vic Stone is from Zach Snyder’s Justice League movie, and features the likeness of actor Ray Fisher.
In addition to the standard, there’s also a special edition. Both figures have light-up features, interchangeable parts, and a brand new 1/6th scale body. Hot Toys latest offers up the same scale and level of sculpting that you’d expect, but with 30 points of articulation.
Oh, and as for what makes that “special edition” so special, it’s a second head. A masked portrait is included right along side Fishers’ face, as a second posing option.
The 1/6 scale Cyborg Figure features:
- Ultra-detailed, individually hand-painted head sculpt with the likeness of Ray Fisher as Cyborg in Zack Snyder’s Justice League
- LED light-up function on forehead and left eye (battery operated)
- Newly developed 1/6 scale body with over 30 points of articulation
- Expertly painted with multiple shades of metallic black mixed with silver highlights on the mechanical body design
- Six LED light-up points located on forehead, eyes, forearms, chest, and back (battery operated)
- An extra pair of arms with multiple points of articulation, attachable to the figure’s back
- Eight interchangeable mechanical hands for a variety of posing and display options
- A pair of LED light-up battery operated plasma cannons (interchangeable with arms)
- One rocket launcher (interchangeable with left arm)
- One shield
- Three pairs of thruster-effect accessories in different sizes (attachable to back, thighs, calves)
- A specially designed figure display stand with movie logo and character nameplate
- Exclusive Special Edition Bonus Accessory – One additional masked head sculpt with LED light-up function (battery operated) The 1/6 scale Cyborg Figure is available for pre-order now, via Sideshow.
In from the cold
As for the second new announcement from the company, it’s a figure that reaches fairly far back. Batman: Arkham Origins is, in some ways, the black sheep of the “Batman: Arkham” family.
It’s not a part of the mainline series, which is widely recognized as a trilogy. It’s also not from developer Rocksteady, instead having come out of WB Games Montreal, and features a story that’s maybe a little smaller than the other games’. Personally, I don’t care about any of that, and I loved Origins. I actually liked it a heck of a lot more than Arkham Knight. But that’s another story, and we should probably get back to this figure.
Hailing from the Mr. Freeze-centric expansion for Origins, this figure portrays Batman in his XE suit. Constructed to combat Freeze’s specific power-set, the XE suit has a unique look for the Dark Knight.
It’s heavily weathered, in terms of detailing, and comes with both a bunch f game-specific accessories, and an awesome stand. Batman is also sporting a bendable cape, which is always a nice bonus in a Batman figure.
As with the Cyborg figure, there’s a special edition here as well. That includes Batman’s Cryptographic Sequencer, which any fan of the title gaming series should recognize pretty fast.
The 1/6th scale Batman (XE Suit) Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Batman wearing the XE Suit in Batman: Arkham Origins – Cold, Cold Heart
- One newly developed Batman masked head sculpt
- Muscular 1/6 scale body with over 30 points of articulation
- A meticulously tailored Batman XE Suit with specially applied weathering effects on the armor
- One cape (with bendable wire for posing)
- One utility belt
- One pair of armored silver gray and black boots
- 11 interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One pair of fists
- One pair of relaxed hands
- One pair of Batarang holding hands
- One pair of ice melting hands
- One pair of gesture hands
- One “signal listening” right hand
- One Cryodrill with two sets of interchangeable laser drill heads (normal and activation mode)
- One rope gun
- Two Batarangs
- One ice crystal
- One stair rail covered with ice
- One staircase diorama accessory- Specially designed figure display stand with character nameplate
- Exclusive Special Edition Bonus Accessory One Cryptographic Sequencer with two stickers Pre-order the Batman (XE Suit) today, via Sideshow.