Sonic looks bright and beautiful in all shades of the rainbow in the latest trailer for Sonic Colors Ultimate.
Blue is the (Sonic) hue of your energy
Video Gaming’s favorite mammal with a passion for cardio has been running all over gaming media lately. We covered Sonic Mania bursting onto the Epic Games Store as a freebie as well as the announcement of a new Sonic game plus some old favorites. One of those favorites among fans and critics is Sonic Colors, getting a fresh coat of HD paint plus a few brand spanking new features. Sega released a trailer listing what the remaster has to offer which you can check out below.
If you’re in a hurry and can’t wait to see what the game has in store for you, here’s what you can expect to find when it releases on September 7th:
- Updated Graphics – 60 FPS (unavailable on Switch), revamped lighting, and 4k resolution
- Rival Rush – A new mode where you go head-to-head against Metal Sonic in a race to win rewards
- Park Tokens and Customization – Park tokens unlock unique boosts, auras, shoes, and gloves
- Jade Ghost – Sonic turns into a green spirit that lets you access hidden areas in levels.
- Tails Save – A floating Tails icon that acts as a checkpoint midlevel
- 100 Ring Count – Grabbing 100 rings makes Sonic temporarily invincible and nets you a bonus to your final score
- Music – A fully remixed soundtrack
Sonic Colors: Ultimate releases on September 7th for Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch.