Faster than a speeding bullet, the classic Fleischer Superman is making his way to Mezco’s 5 Points lineup along with one awesome diorama.
Chances are, if you’re a longtime fan of the Man of Steel, that you know all about the Fleischer Studios cartoons of old. Really ahead of their time in terms of animation, the short films brought DC’s Kryptonian to life on screen.
What they really didn’t have though, was his rogues gallery. To be fair though, at that point there wasn’t much to this relatively new character’s collection of villains. In any event, instead of Lex Luthor and Parasite, we got The Mechanical Monsters. A story about Superman taking on a mad scientist (not Lex), and his army of robots, it’s just one of the iconic movies from the company. And now it’s got what looks to be an incredible set from Mezco.
A part of the toy-maker’s 5 Points line of retro-styled action figures, the new Superman set includes a ton of accessories, as well as a 4-pack of 3.75″ action figures. In all, you get the playset itself, plus Superman, Clark Kent, Lois Lane, and a robot from the movie.
Have a peek:
As you can see, the popup playset is dual sided, and includes a phone booth as well. So you can re-enact one of the Man of Tomorrow’s iconic quick-changes.
The above set is ready for pre-order as of today, and is set to ship out this coming November. It’s priced in at $90 USD, and you can lock up yours via online outlets or Mezco’s own shop here. Full details are below.
THE 5 POINTS SUPERMAN – THE MECHANICAL MONSTERS (1941): DELUXE BOXED SET INCLUDES:
- Superman – Strange visitor from another planet with powers far beyond those of mortal men. Superman comes with two pairs of interchangeable arms for dynamic posing and a soft molded cape.
- Clark Kent – Superman’s alter ego, Clark, conceals his heroic identity as a mild-mannered reporter for The Daily Planet. Clark comes with a holdable
- Lois Lane – A tenacious investigative reporter at the Daily Planet. Strong, assertive, and able to handle herself in dangerous situations, Lois comes with a small notebook accessory to document her next big scoop.
- Mechanical Monster Number 5 – A small army of evil robots created by The Mad Scientist to steal money and jewels, the Mechanical Monsters were unstoppable perpetrators of crime. This oversized machine of mayhem comes with two pairs of interchangeable arms for dynamic posing, an interchange propeller that attaches to the neck, a hinged compartment on the back of its body, and removable flame FX that attach to its eyes.
- One (1) notebook
- One (1) steno pad
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable Superman arms
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable Mechanical Monster arms
- One (1) propeller attachment for Mechanical Monster
- Two (2) flame FX for Mechanical Monster
- Four (4) display bases