You might’ve forged your own banana republic in Kalypso and Realmforge’s dictator-sim Tropico 6, but as of today, you can conquer the friendly skies.
It’s kind of tough to imagine something that the original Tropico 6 release missed. The civilization-builder seems to cover all the bases. Trop6 allowed players to create their own South American dictatorship, building out its cities, utilizing its resources, and playing a hearty dose of politics. There was one big thing that it was lacking though – air-power.
You can check off that box today though, with the release of Caribbean Skies. The new add-on pack for the game allows would-be presidente’s to fully exploit the skies.
The pack sets players up with 5 new missions, as well as drones to control, new characters to meet, and a fresh antagonist who’s looking to make things tough for the island nation.
- New scenario-driven campaign: Play through new and dedicated scenarios featuring 5 all-new missions, each unlocking a new play style. Meet new characters and save the world as El Presidente!
- Drones are here: Easily supply remote areas using Delivery Drones or use Drone Taxi for passenger transportation. Keep the people of Tropico under surveillance with Security Drones.
- 8 new buildings: Get cargo planes and drones in the air with the Drone Factory, Battery Plant, Cargo Airport and Drone Delivery Service. Make use of the Drone Taxi Service, Central Intelligence building and Drone to Home Delivery Service to immerse yourself and your fellow Tropicans in all things drones. Balloon Tours give you the chance to offer tourists a new kind of attraction.
- 4 new edicts: Gig Economy, Qult Anonymous, Drone Economy, Drone Recycling
- 2 new traits: Drone Enthusiast, Qult Leader.
- 3 new palace decorations: Keep your palace fresh with a miniature version of the mysterious SPEAKER. Show everyone you are a techie with a bunch of drones carrying Tropico flags. Use a smaller version of the inexplicable fertility bomb cannon to show everyone how modern agriculture is done.
- New outfit: Good vibes only with the colorful new Banana Business Suit, featuring an all-over banana print.
The Caribbean Skies pack is available now to add onto your copy of Tropico 6 for $14.99 USD. You can nab a copy via the Kalypso Store or Steam on the PC, as well as the PS4, and Xbox One. Epic Game Store and Switch versions are coming along as well, though there are no dates as of yet for those.