New wrestlers, including a bunch of classic characters and WWE Legends will be making their way into publisher 2K Games’ first entry in the long running series. The full list of what you can expect and who’ll be making their entrances after the jump.
Well, first things first, NWO fans are going to be happy. The faction, which was arguably the long-defunct WCW’s greatest contribution, will be making its presence known in a big way thanks the inclusion of not only the Outsiders (Hall & Nash) but also Syxx, the Giant, Scott Steiner and Curt ‘Mr.Perfect’ Hennig. I was a big fan of both the black and white and the Wolfpack, so I’m pretty happy to hear they’ll be in ‘2K14.
Also available as DLC will be such greats of the squared-circle as Rick Rude, Bruno Sammartino, Jake ‘the snake’ Roberts and Dusty Rhodes. Still oddly absent are some of the greatest female wrestlers from the Federation though including Trish Stratus. It’s probably not all that big of a deal to most fans to be honest, it just strikes me as odd that such huge characters are left off the table for a game that’s clearly including a ton of the greats from throughout WWF/E history.
Anyway, WWE 2K14 will be on store shelves on October 29th in the US and November 1st everywhere else. The prices shown below are for the UK, but you get the idea. Here’s your breakdown of what’s coming to the game and when it’ll be available:
Content Group #1 – nWo Pack and Accelerator:
- Playable New World Order (nWo)-themed Superstars: Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Syxx, Curt Hennig, Scott Steiner and The Giant;
- Accelerator: Enables players to unlock all in-game items, as well as customize individual WWE Superstar attributes:
- The nWo Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of £6.99
- The Giant will be available free of charge;
- The Accelerator will be available for a suggested purchase cost of £1.59
- The Accelerator is currently scheduled for release on launch day – October 29, 2013 in North America and November 1, 2013 internationally;
- The nWo Pack is currently scheduled for worldwide release in November 2013.
Content Group #2 – WWE Superstars and Moves Pack:
- WWE Superstars: Fandango and Big E Langston;
- WWE Divas: Brie Bella, Nikki Bella and Summer Rae;
- Moves Pack: More than 30 new moves and taunts, including the Black Widow (made popular by AJ Lee) and the Koji Clutch (made popular by CM Punk):
- WWE Superstars and Divas, along with the Moves Pack, will be available for a suggested purchase cost of £6.99
- Summer Rae will be available free of charge;
- All content is currently scheduled for worldwide release in December 2013.
Content Group #3 – WWE Legends and Creations Pack:
- WWE Hall of Famers: Bruno Sammartino and “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes;
- Legendary WWE Superstars: “Ravishing” Rick Rude and Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
- Playable Superstar: WWE Manager and pop culture icon Virgil;
- Custom Superstar Parts Pack: 15 new Superstar parts to utilize for the most creative freedom in WWE Games history:
- WWE Legends and the Creations Pack will be available for a suggested purchase cost of £6.99
- Virgil will be available free of charge;
- All content is currently scheduled for worldwide release in January 2014.
About the WWE 2K14 Season Pass Program
Players may purchase WWE 2K14 downloadable content at a reduced price point through the game’s Season Pass program. For a one-time, suggested purchase cost of £15.99 a saving of more than 25 percent versus individual content purchases, players will receive the following items:
- Season Pass Program Exclusive – Playable “The Outsiders”-themed Superstars: Scott Hall and Kevin Nash;
- All Content Groups: nWo and Accelerator Packs, WWE Superstars and Moves Pack and WWE Legends and Creations Pack;
- Online Badges: Over 10 exclusive options.
* Xbox Live or PlayStation Network account and Internet connection required. Copy of WWE 2K14 required to play.