The Re-Reckoning is upon Switch gamers! Well, almost. THQ Nordic’s reinvigorated RPG epic Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning hits in March.
A grand adventure
Kingdoms of Amalur has something of an interesting history. Released to some fanfare years ago, the game was unable to save its original developer. They ran into some legal issues, and eventually folded. But that wasn’t the end of this story.
Picked up by THQ Nordic, Kingdoms of Amalur was brought back to life in the Re-Reckoning edition. Essentially a remastered version of the original, Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning hit consoles just last year.
And as of the coming March, it’ll be on the Switch as well.
Like what you see above? Then check out the high-points, right from the press release. This one seems to have everything that the previous releases had.
From the press release:
- Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor
- The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills
- Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
- Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
- Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore
- Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy – all central to the primary mission
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death
- Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having “more content than any single-player game deserves!”
- Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning arrives on the Nintendo Switch on March 16th.