Another week, another “building” game. Dragon Quest Builders headlines the Nintendo Download this week, though there are other gems as well.
Last week, of course, gamers got the excellent Mario Maker 2, allowing them to construct their dream platforming-levels on Switch. And this week? This week gamers get another builder-sequel with Dragon Quest Builders 2. Sort of.
While Mario Maker 2 let fans go wild and make whatever they like, Dragon Quest Builders 2 goes another route. There’s a definite story present here, and you’ll be tasked with ‘building’ in accordance with that. Though it does also sound like there’s a fair bit of freedom involved too.
But that’s not the only promising title this week, as there are a couple more pretty nice options. Blazing Chrome is one of those, picking up on the classic Contra format. I might add too, that it looks a lot more “Contra” than that actual Contra successor announced at E3 last month.
God Eater 3 hits this week too, along with Dr Mario World on mobile, Ninja Spirit, and Ziggurat. So there’s a good deal to tempt you with emptying your wallet.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 – To stop the worshippers of an ancient evil, you must join forces with the mysterious Malroth and build a ravaged world into the realm of your dreams. In this RPG adventure, you’ll explore huge islands, gather and craft with materials, design towns, level them up and defend them from monsters and bosses. As you progress, you’ll unearth crafting and building recipes. Dash, glide, explore underwater, fast travel and play in optional first-person perspective as you try to find them all. In the Isle of Awakening, you and up to three other Builders can explore together in local wireless* or online** play. The DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 game will be available on July 12.
- GOD EATER 3 – Devour monstrous gods with your allies! The latest numbered entry in the popular God Eater franchise has finally come to the Nintendo Switch system. Now you can experience the game’s intriguing story, distinct characters and stylish, high-speed combat whenever you’re on the go, both alone and with friends*. The GOD EATER 3 game will be available on July 12.
- Dr. Mario World – Nintendo’s newest mobile game, Dr. Mario World***, is now available for smartphone devices. In this free-to-start puzzle and virus-matching puzzle game, meddlesome viruses have the in-game world in a panic, and Dr. Mario and friends must eliminate them by matching capsules with viruses of the same color. Dr. Mario World can also be played together with friends and family around the world. In Versus Mode, players can turn up the intensity by challenging their friends or any other players online to a one-on-one showdown in real time.
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp – Starting with Hello Kitty® and Cinnamoroll on July 11, in-game items featuring popular Sanrio® characters are coming to the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp*** mobile game for a limited time. The Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Sanrio Characters Collection event gives players the opportunity to obtain adorable in-game items like sofas, beds, hats and dresses featuring various Sanrio characters.
- DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 DLC: Fans who want to expand the range of things they can make in DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 will have multiple options when one free DLC pack and three packs of paid DLC hit starting on July 26. Fans can purchase each paid pack of DLC separately or save on the combined cost of each pack with the Season Pass for only $20.99. Different packs offer different content, such as new locations to explore, additional recipes, new quests and a variety of customizable options like clothes and hairstyles.
Full version of game required to use DLC. Sold separately.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Arcade Archives Ninja Spirit
- Blazing Chrome
- Bleep Bloop – Demo Version
- Bouncy Bullets – Available July 12
- Dead in Vinland – True Viking edition
- Desktop Bowling
- Distrust – Available July 16
- Doodle God: Crime City
- Eagle Island
- Forklift – The Simulation – Available July 16
- Laser Kitty Pow Pow
- Lethal League Blaze – Full & Demo Versions – Available July 12
- Let’s Go Nuts – Available July 17
- Let’s Sing 2019 – Available July 16
- LOST ORBIT: Terminal Velocity – Available July 16
- Mad Bullets – Available July 12
- Metaloid: Origin
- Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet
- Professor Lupo and his Horrible Pets
- Psyvariar Delta
- Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition
- Streets of Rogue – Available July 12
- Super Mutant Alien Assault – Available July 12
- The Sushi Spinnery – Demo Version
- TINY METAL: FULL METAL RUMBLE
- Vektor Wars
- Venture Kid – Demo Version