Remember Voodoo Vince, the platformer from the original Xbox days? Well, guess what? He’s back and looking better than ever thanks to a remaster from Beep Industries.
Do do that Voodoo (Vince)
One of many games from the Xbox era that I missed, Voodoo Vince nonetheless looks pretty neat. Soaked in voodoo ‘charm’ and packing jokes aplenty, the game was a niche fave, and is still remembered fondly by many a gamer. And now thanks to this remaster, it’s set to haunt a whole new generation of players.
As you might imagine too, this game has something of an interesting twist. Remember Vince isn’t using a voodoo doll, he actually is a voodoo doll. And you know what that means.
Join Vince on a wild tear through crawfish-laden swamps, haunted graveyards, and the eccentric French Quarter in search of his missing keeper, Madam Charmaine. Show enemies who’s *really* boss with 30+ voodoo attacks involving falling safes, prickly pushpins, bolts of lightning, and more. Vince may get his butt kicked, but his opponents feel the pain!
Having never played it myself, that’s pretty darn interesting to say the least. And the features make it sound like a title that platform fans won’t want to miss out on.
- Classic puzzle platforming gameplay that has been preserved exactly as it was in the original
- Gorgeous high-def visuals: 1080p resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio and updated rendering and visual effects
- 60 fps gameplay — Voodoo Vince plays like butter!
- Select soundtrack updates and remixes by the game’s original composer, Steve Kirk
- Xbox Live integration and achievements with Xbox Play Anywhere support
- Rumble/haptic feedback
- Loads of Snark-ariffic™, sarcastic humor
Voodoo Vince: Remastered is set to arrive on the Xbox One and PC on April the 18th.