A whole bunch of Marvel’s best selling recent books are headed back to press for reintroduction on the racks of your local comics shop. If you missed out on some the best stuff from Spidey, the X-Men and more in the last few weeks, now’s your chance to catch up.
If you regularly read our comic book coverage here on BG, it probably comes as no surprise that I’m a big fan of physical comics. I dig the digital variety too, but usually as a last resort if I can’t find a book at retail or just want to have a copy that I can’t ‘lose’ or see destroyed somehow. So with that in mind, Marvel Comics’ latest announcement that a mess of their monthlies are going back to print for a second time definitely puts a smile on my face.
True, the comics headed back into comic book stores are some of the publisher’s biggest and most popular, but just the fact that all of these books sold out at retail proves that the day of the real world comic book are far from over. Digital might have taken some of the market share (and it is admittedly pretty cool for lost of reasons), but physical copies are still hanging on and still grabbing plenty of readers month-in and month-out.
And so, without further ado (or further soap-boxing), here’s what’s headed back to the racks some time soon:
- Night of the Living Deadpool #2 – Zombies everywhere! Marvel Comics is proud to announce that NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #2 has sold out at the distributor level (though copies may still be available at retail level) and will immediately head back to press! From blockbuster Deadpool writer Cullen Bunn (Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, Deadpool Kills Deadpool) and red-hot artist Ramon Rosanas (Spider-Man: 1602) comes and undead Deadpool epic unlike any other!
- Amazing X-Men #2 & 3 – It’s the series everyone is talking about, and Marvel is pleased to announce that AMAZING X-MEN #2 and AMAZING X-MEN #3 have sold out at the distributor level (though copies may still be available at retail level) and will immediately head back to press. This November, Wolverine leads the charge for the soul of Nightcrawler in Amazing X-Men #1, a bombastic new series from superstar writer Jason Aaron and blockbuster artist Ed McGuinness! When Nightcrawler sacrificed his life to protect mutantkind in the cataclysmic Second Coming, a hole was left in the X-Men’s rank that has never been filled. But now they’re going to do something about it! Wolverine leads the charge deep into the unknown to rescue a fallen comrade. But as the deadly forces of the afterlife await, will the teams first mission be their last?
- All-New X-Men #22 and Guardians of the Galaxy #11 – It’s the crossover that has the world (and the galaxy) talking, and today Marvel is pleased to announce that both All-New X-Men 22.NOW and Guardians of the Galaxy 11.NOW have sold out at the distributor level (though copies may still be available at retail level) and will immediately be going back to press. Jean Grey has been abducted by the alien Shi’ar empire, imprisoned for the crimes of her future self! Now, her fellow teammates and their new allies the Guardians of the Galaxy must race across the stars to her aid. But will they be too late? No one will return from this mission the same. And some won’t even return at all!
- Black Widow #2 – The deadliest covert operative in the world, Natasha Romanoff now walks the righteous path. Though she’s not afraid to get her hands a little dirty to do it. And her high stakes missions will take her to the darkest corners of the Marvel Universe – including a daring prison breakout deep in the jungles of Argentina! Only the breakout was the easy part!
- Superior Spider-Man #25 & 26 – You just can’t keep the Superior Spider-Man down! Today Marvel is pleased to announce that SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #25 and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26 have both sold out at the distributor level (though copies may still be available at retail level) and will both head back for second printings!In SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #25, Otto faces down Venom in the blockbuster conclusion to “Darkest Hours”! Nothing gets the blood pumping like a Spider-Man vs. Venom throwdown – but this time, the Avengers are joining the party too! And you’ll never guess who’s side they’re on! Don’t miss the issue that has everyone talking! And it’s the seeds of an all-out-war in SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26 as the opening shot of “Goblin Nation” is fired! The Goblin King and his armies are on the move. And nothing is going to stop them – not even the Hobgoblin and his gang of super villains! And seeds sown here will have cataclysmic ramifications for April’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1!
There you have it Marvellites, if you missed any of those issues and you have a some gaps in your long boxes, you’ll be able to grab all of the above off the racks this coming March at your LCS. In the meantime, check out the alternate variant covers for the upcoming second runs below.