Warhammer Quest makes its way to the App Store with plenty of Orcs, trolls and Skaven to bludgeon.
A top down, turn based adaptation of the tabletop game from Games Workshop, Warhammer Quest is looking sharp as a finely crafted blade on iOS devices. Developer Rodeo Games had taken on the task of porting over what fans love so much from the board to touchscreen, and it’s looking like they’ve been faithful to the gothic fantasy of the Old World that GW birthed.
There’s a good reason for the faithful rendition too, that being that the two companies worked as closely as possible together to get the first version of a Warhammer game on iOS ‘right’. Here’s what gamers downloading the title can expect (and a brief description of the IAP’s available:
- iCloud support
- Intense dungeon battles with orcs, goblins, and more
- Travel across the Warhammer World
- Retina support
- State-of-the-art high fidelity game engine
- 3 additional heroes available via IAP
- Fight the Skaven in a huge expansion via IAP
- 25+ hours of gameplay (including expansion)
- Hardcore mode option with permanent hero deaths
- English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. More translations coming soon…