Lock-on technology? Yeah, Sonic Origins has that… kinda. But even without snap-together carts, you can still check out some Sonic and Knuckles action.
You got Knuckles in my Sonic 3!
Looking for the gameplay highlights of this unique interconnected set of titles? Here they are, right from the press release:
- Playable Knuckles – In addition to Sonic and Tails, players can play as Knuckles the Echidna and use his strengths like gliding and wall climbing to explore every corner of Angel Island.
- Bonus Stages – After passing lamp posts with 20 or more Rings, players can jump into the stars that appear to enter one of three Bonus Stages.
- Special Stages – Players can collect all seven Chaos Emeralds and obtain 50 Rings to unlock Sonic, Tails and Knuckles’ “super” forms and access the game’s special stages.
- Super Emeralds – After completing the game’s special stages, players can bring all seven Chaos Emeralds to the game’s Hidden Palace to transform them into Super Emeralds. Once activated, players can use the Super Emeralds to unlock Hyper Sonic, Hyper Tails and Hyper Knuckles.
- Competition Mode – In Competition Mode, players can go head-to-head in a two-player, split-screen race with five unique zones and three different gameplay modes.
- Double Attack – Using this new special ability, Sonic can deflect enemy projectiles and become invincible for a brief period.
- Elemental Shields – Throughout Angel Island, players can unlock item monitors containing a water, flame or lightning elemental shield throughout each Zone.
Sonic Origins is out now on consoles and the PC.