It’s E3 week and that means few surprises for Nintendo fans. The Switch plays host to the first Ancient Gods expansion for Doom Eternal, and more.
It’s kind of an ‘ancient’ theme
So this week has been, as you likely know, E3 week. Back in digital format once again, this year’s E3 is markedly different than last year’s installment. For one thing, it actually feels like an E3. There are press conferences (though they’re digital), game trailers galore, and a ton of announcements.
Nintendo had their Direct presentation just the other day, and as usual revealed a few things that hit immediately (or will in short order). One of those, is Doom Eternal’s expansion The Ancient Gods. The first of a 2 part tale, this DLC adds onto the base edition of Doom Eternal on the Switch, and begins a monster of a new campaign.
It’s honestly kind of like a Doom 2.5, or even a Doom 3, and all but brings the main storyline to a close. So if you’re a fan, you’re definitely going to want to take a look at that.
Keeping with the “ancient” theme too, is Strange Brigade. A third-person action title that debuted a few years ago, Strange Brigade encourages you to team up with 3 of your pals to take ether fight to a resurrected Egyptian queen. Not that you can’t go it alone if you like though, as SB works either way.
Past those, there’s also the side-scrolling aRPG ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights, Alex Kidd, LEGO Builder’s Journey, and a host of smaller releases. Scroll down to check it all out.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights – Unravel the mystery of a kingdom destroyed by the Rain of Death in this dark fantasy action-RPG. Journey through the sprawling and hauntingly beautiful locations of Land’s End, including a submerged forest, a sealed-off contaminated underground cavern and a grand castle. Formidable bosses await that will gladly claim your life given even the slightest chance. Defeat these powerful foes to turn them into allies as you search for the truth. ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights will be available June 21.
- Strange Brigade – Erased from history and buried in a nameless tomb for 4,000 years, Seteki the Witch Queen has risen once again. Only one troop of heroes can stand against her army. In this third-person adventure, blast through an army of mummified monstrosities while solving perilous puzzles in booby-trapped ruins. Go it alone or team up with other daring adventurers in local wireless* co-op and online** play. Will you answer the call to adventure?
- Hurt Me Plenty – You pulled humanity back from the edge of extinction, but it came at a cost. Slaying the Kahn Maykr left an imbalance of power in the cosmos that threatens all of creation. Now you must rise and set things right. Raze hell in the first campaign expansion for DOOM Eternal, The Ancient Gods – Part One. Deeper and more challenging combat awaits as you eliminate Hell’s newest threats in demon-infested ruins and rain-swept terrain.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Score big savings during the Nintendo Switch Digital Deals sale! Save up to 50% on select digital games and earn 5% in Gold Points*** for your next purchase. For a limited time, you can find great deals on select digital games like DOOM Eternal, Paper Mario: The Origami King and Hades. You can also save on game + DLC software bundles like The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem: Three Houses bundled with each game’s respective Expansion Pass. Hurry, though – this sale ends June 21 at 11:59 p.m. PT. Shop online at Nintendo.com and in Nintendo eShop on your device. Remember that you can earn My Nintendo™ Gold Points from eligible digital purchases, awarded based on 5% of the amount you pay (excluding tax and any points or discounts used). Then, you can redeem your Gold Points toward the purchase of other eligible digital games, DLC**** and more. Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- 7 Years From Now
- Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX – Available June 22
- Aquatic Rampage – Available June 19
- Bear’s Restaurant – Available June 18
- Beasts of Maravilla Island
- Bitmaster – Available June 23
- CANNON ARMY – Available June 18
- Cross the Moon – Available June 18
- LEGO Builder’s Journey – Available June 22
- Metal Unit
- Minute of Islands
- Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – The Official Video Game – Available June 21
- Plastic Rebellion
- Rotund Takeoff
- Super Magbot – Available June 22
- Wood Block Escape Puzzles 2 – Available June 21
* Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
** Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online
*** A Nintendo Account is required to receive and redeem My Nintendo points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point
**** Full version of each game required to use DLC for that game. Sold separately.