Snap! And just like that, there’s a new Pokemon game out for the Nintendo Switch. This one once again tasks gamers with building their photog skills.
I want pictures of Pikachu!
It’s actually kind of a big week in the making for Switch gamers. I suppose that a game with “Pokemon” in the title automatically takes the spotlight though. Even if it is a game outside of the core series Pokemon.
New Pokemon Snap is definitely that, as it’s the latest title in the “Snap” series of (basically) photography games. NPS gives you a camera, and sets you to task with finding and snapping pics of wild Pokemon. No, you don’t add them to your collection to do battle, you just show ’em off in their natural habitat. Such as it is.
As mentioned though, there’s some other pretty notable stuff hitting too. Chief among those games is R-Type Final 2 (the first R-Type in almost 20 years), and the “Legacy” update for Apex Legends. A couple of potential stars there.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- New Pokémon Snap – Explore lush scenery on unknown islands to snap photos of lively wild Pokémon in their natural habitats. You might see unexpected expressions or behaviors – Pokémon patrolling their territory, playing or lurking in out-of-the-way spots. Your observations of Pokémon thriving in the wild may help unravel the truth behind the Illumina phenomenon. The Pokémon pictures you take will also be used to build your very own Pokémon Photodex! When you complete a course, you can adjust the brightness, blur, zoom and other aspects of your photo in Re-Snap mode. Then, add stickers, frames and filters for a personal touch and share your favorite photos with family and friends in-game.* New Pokémon Snapwill be available April 30.
- Apex Legends – Legacy – Apex Legends – Legacy is ready to take off on Nintendo Switch. The Legacy update introduces a new permanent game mode, new Legend and new Battle Pass! The new game mode, Arenas, condenses the chaos of 20-squad Battle Royale matches down into more focused 3-vs.-3 combat. Joining the battle is the newest Legend, Valkyrie. The bold, brash, fiery and fierce Kairi Imahara grew up in the shadow of her father’s legacy, but now she’s ready to launch her own. Apex Legends – Legacy will be available May 4.
- R-Type Final 2 – For the first time in nearly two decades, you can experience R-Type Final 2! Feel the rush of taking down hordes of Bydo with your fleet of R-Type fighters equipped with an arsenal of new and classic wave cannons, force units, bit devices and devastating delta weapons. The Bydo threat is always evolving, as new enemies spawn from the wreckage of fallen foes, and stages are corrupted and altered by the sentient Bydo corruption. R-Type Final 2 unites the explosive action of the original games with modern visuals and gameplay features, making this a must-have title for new and old shoot-’em-up fans alike. R-Type Final 2 will be available April 30.
- An Invitation to Battle – The Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Invitation Greeting Card Set is back! Inspired by the iconic invitation letters often seen in character reveal videos, this My Nintendo reward features a greeting card set with a Super Smash Bros. invitation design and seal. Organize your next multiplayer tournament by inviting your friends with exemplary style and grace. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/news/ to learn more.
- Oh Snap! – Interested in a taste of the world you’ll visit in New Pokémon Snap? Visit the Explore the Lental Region website to learn details about the Lental region and its wild Pokémon. Trainers and curious players can click through eight spots on the site’s map to learn about different Pokémon interactions and habitats in the game. They can also earn My Nintendo Platinum Points along their journey, which can be redeemed for various rewards, including New Pokémon Snap items. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/news/ to learn more.
- It’s Time To Save Face – You can now download a demo for the Miitopia game in Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch system to get a taste of the humorous adventure that awaits. Miitopia lets you cast your friends, family or anyone you choose to star in your journey to conquer the face-stealing Dark Lord. In this demo of the game’s first area, you’ll be able to create and customize your Mii characters with wigs and makeup. Your save data from the demo can carry over to the full game when purchased, so if you enjoy your first bite, head over to Nintendo eShop to pre-purchase the full smorgasbord of swashbuckling silliness!
- The Life of the Party – Expand the party with the new, free online multiplayer update available now in the Super Mario Party game for Nintendo Switch. Partygoers can now enjoy Partner Party and the classic Mario Party board-game mode online with friends and family. Additionally, players can party till they drop with 70 minigames in the online Minigame mode. With Super Mario Party, you can keep the party going with up to four players across a variety of colorful boards and a multitude of minigames, anytime, anywhere … and online!
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- Angels with Scaly Wings – Available April 30
- Battle Axe
- Before I Forget
- Car Demolition Clicker
- Castaway Paradise
- Crime Opera: The Butterfly Effect
- Dull Grey – Available May 5
- Fly TOGETHER!
- Legend of Keepers: Career of a Dungeon Manager
- Reknum Cheri Dreamland
- Retro Space Fighter
- Space Warrior
- Super Arcade Soccer 2021 – Available April 30
- Super Glitch Dash
- The Colonists – Available May 4
- Ultimate Custom Night – Available April 30
* Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch-online