No, it’s not officially licensed from a certain other dinosaur property, but Prehistoric Kingdom is nonetheless looking -and sounding- great.
It wasn’t all that long ago that park-builder fans got a title that took advantage of the license that I roundabout mentioned above. But if that game didn’t float your boat, well this one might. Just announced, and looking terrific, is Prehistoric Kingdom.
From Crytivo and Blue Meridian, Prehistoric Kingdom allows gamers to build their own prehistoric-themed safari park. But you don’t just get dinos to play with in this one, as Ice Age mammals are in play as well, and so are unique beasts like the archaeopteryx.
It also sounds pretty terrific, thanks to the vocal talents of “famed zoologist, Nigel Marven”. Have a peek at the title in action in the trailer below.
Design a theme park and bring to life a world of long extinct animals. Create and manage an experience for guests and animals to enjoy and watch your business grow. Customize your zoo to your own aesthetic desires.Crytivo press release
Ready to design your own park? Well you have a little ways to wait yet. Prehistoric Kingdom isn’t set to hit Steam’s Early Access program till some time in the second quarter of 2021.
When it does though, here’s a taste of what you’ll get to play around with:
- 22 Animals in the early access launch including Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Lambeosaurus, Styracosaurus, Mammuthus, Smilodon, and Coelodonta. With more after release.
- Variety of biomes including: grassland, tropical, wetland, coastal, boreal, with more planned after release.
- Terraforming tools, “substrate” and “foliage brushes” to transform the landscape.
- Modular and pre-built buildings to create the park of the player’s dreams.
- Genetics Lab to customize the color and gender of animals.
- Resource Management of animal health alongside visitor happiness and zoo budget.
- Customizable power sources and food supplies that have benefits and downsides that need to be balanced.