Nintendo has plenty of stuff coming up, including new games and downloadables for existing titles, here in 2019.
Once again here in the Switch era, Nintendo has had a pretty bang-up year. Between the triple-A stuff and the indies, the company’s latest console is gong strong and there’s no sign of it letting up.
Take what Nintendo has planned for the rest of the year for example. There’s a massive title incoming with The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, but there are plenty of other things to get excited about too.
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield are both on target for November, The Witcher 3 arrives in October, and the first expansion for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is set to deliver a burst of fresh content as well. All in all, there’s a lot to look forward to.
- ASTRAL CHAIN – Aug. 30
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – Oct. 31)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – Sept. 20
- The Witcher III: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition – Oct. 15
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – Nov. 5
- DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition Sept. 27
Here’s the official rundown, right from Nintendo:
- The director of the Pokémon Swordand Pokémon Shield games, Shigeru Ohmori from GAME FREAK, provided a short video message for fans, offering a new look at one of the towns in the Galar region. Pokémon Swordand Pokémon Shield launch exclusively for Nintendo Switch on Nov. 15.
- In MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order, players will step into the boots of the urban vigilantes known as Punisher, Blade, Moon Knight and Morbius, as the Marvel Knights join the alliance. These playable characters are part of DLC Pack 1 included with the MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE 3: The Black Order Expansion Pass (sold separately), which also includes a new mode. In Gauntlet Mode, up to four players* take on a frenzied series of co-op challenges in rapid succession to earn rewards. In addition, alternative outfits for all playable characters will be added to the game via a series of free updates, starting on Aug. 30 with new outfits for Spider-Man, Hulk and Captain Marvel. As previously announced at San Diego Comic-Con in July, the free update on Aug. 30 will also add Cyclops and Colossus as brand new playable characters.
- Upcoming Nintendo Switch game The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening is now available for pre-purchase in Nintendo eShop.
- Retro fans will love the 2D mode coming to Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. In addition to 3D events, players can compete in Classic 2D Events using graphics reminiscent of the NES era. In addition, it was revealed that Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will launch for Nintendo Switch on Nov. 5.
- Knights, sorcerers and everyone in between can now check out a free demo for the DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition game in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch. When the full game launches on Sept. 27, it will also come with a free Champion’s Pack. Downloading the pack will give players access to helpful items and fun costumes.