The far future of Japan is embodied in a lone cybernetic protector. Welcome to Valiant’s latest redux- Rai.
It’s not too often that you see a motion trailer for a comic book, even now in the age of ‘video everywhere’, but if there was going to be a Valiant launch that was going to have one, it’d probably have to be Rai. One of the publisher’s former (as in, 1990’s former) big guns, Rai hasn’t been seen as of yet in the current relaunched Valiant U.
That fact of course, is going to get amended this April when Rai #1 hits the racks. The book will introduce more of the Valiant 4001AD universe in addition to the cyber-warrior that will star in it, and that’s a pretty big deal when you consider just how big a part the future time played in the original Valiant series’ where it was spawned as well as the books that it spilled over into.
Some of those characters are gone to other publishers now, with several of the bigger heroes from 4001AD taking their leave. Something tells me though, that Valiant will have some suitable replacements lined up before long to really flesh out Rai’s (and The Eternal Warrior’s for that matter) far flung timeline.
Make sure you hop on board right at the top when Rai #1 hits the racks on Free Comic Book Day, April 30th. Then make sure you stick around that Valiant label as the Summer rolls on with the Valiant First initiative and the successive major launches that’ll follow.
Here’s your guide to what to get:
- MAY: RAI #1 by Matt Kindt & Clayton Crain
- JUNE: ARMOR HUNTERS #1 by Robert Venditti & Doug Braithwaite
- JULY: ARMOR HUNTERS: BLOODSHOT #1 by Joe Harris & Trevor Hairsine
- JULY: ARMOR HUNTERS: HARBINGER #1 by Joshua Dysart & Robert Gill
- AUGUST: THE DELINQUENTS by Fred Van Lente, James Asmus & Kano
- SEPTEMBER: THE DEATH–DEFYING DR. MIRAGE by Jen Van Meter & Roberto de la Torre