Ratloop Asia’s Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken is on sale right now on the PlayStation’s subscription service for both the PS3 and the Vita.
Look, I’ve gotta believe that any game that features a “rebel cock” named Hardboiled taking on an army of evil penguins is more than likely well worth you time. Also known as the “Coq of War”, Hardboiled is a one chicken army taking on the wicked legions of the penguin leader Putzki with only his trusted squad of budgie commandos at his side (really!).
Here’s some of the features you’ll find in the PSN version of the game:
- 15 Chapters in Solo Campaign: Assume the role of Hardboiled Chicken, kick a$$, kill penguins and take names on a mission to assassinate the evil penguin leader.
- 10 Chapters in Co-Op Campaign: Select a pair from the dirty half-dozen Budgie commando characters and set out on a mission to save the general’s daughter.
- Puzzles: Players must think quickly to utilize the environment and solve a variety of puzzles to move on to each level.
- Stereoscopic 3D: Fantastic, non-dizzying Stereoscopic 3D support, running at 60fps/720p enhance the visuals wherever available.
- Mini-stories: The plot thickens as cut-scenes are unlocked and music videos at each level that uncover the truth about the totalitarian regime and Hardboiled’s mysterious past.
- Weapons: Kill penguins with a cache of guns you’ll find along the way from pistols, shotguns and Uzis to MP5s, M60s and AK-47s. Bring down the regime with grenades and other explosives. Unlock the ultimate weapon – Brain Bugs!
- Exclusive Music: Tracks from indie band New World Revolution featured throughout gameplay, in cut-scenes and during specialized, unlockable music videos.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken is available on the PS3 and PS Vita for $7.19 and $5.99 USD respectively. Sold? If not, I leave you with this: Coq. of. War.