Take a look at one of the more unique Spider-Man costumes to come along in a while, with Hot Toys’ latest. It’s coming up in early 2022.
Black and gold
Spider-Man is one of the select group of heroes that had a very ‘set’ lineup of costumes for ages. He was either in red and blue, or the black getup from Secret Wars. Sure there were one-offs, but that was pretty much it til the new millennium.
And since then, there’s been a cavalcade of costumes, both worn in the comics and in films. The latest of those is the black and gold suit, which the web-head will be donning in the soon-to-hit-theaters Spider-Man: No Way Home.
From what we know of the costume, it’s magically enhanced by way of Doctor Strange, and seems to be a pivotal plot point in the film. So with that in mind, it’s only fitting that Hot Toys will be doing it up, action figure style.
Set to ship out in quarter 1, 2022, the figure is the latest entry from the high-end toy-maker, and will be shipping out of its retailing partner Sideshow Toys. You can find the listing here, and pre-orders are indeed open. The figure is priced in at $270.00 USD.
Scroll down for the details and the first-look video.
The Spider-Man (Black & Gold Suit) 1/6 scale figure features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Spider-Man wearing the Black & Gold Suit in Spider-Man: No Way Home
- One hand-painted head sculpt with authentic likeness of Tom Holland as Peter Parker
- One interchangeable masked head sculpt with five pairs of interchangeable eye-pieces to create numerous expressions
- 1/6 scale body with 30 points of articulation
- 10 interchangeable hands One finely tailored Spider-Man suitOne pair of boots
- One gauntlet (wearable on left arm)One mystic spider-web effect (attachable to the gauntlet)
- One mystic arts effect, attachable to chest (magnetic function)
- One separate Spider-Man mask (not wearable on figure)
- 6 webs in different shapes and lengths (attachable to web-shooters)
- One open spider web effect accessory
- One dynamic figure display stand with character nameplate and the movie logo