2K Games’ basketball returns for its 2022 edition. Out right now, 2K22 presents a complete experience, from the courts to the playgrounds.
“Basketball continues to see rapid growth all over the world, both through the rising popularity of the NBA and the virtual world experienced in our game, so this year we’re celebrating the true globalization of the franchise,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “Our team is proud to bring NBA 2K22 to millions of players in our community. This is our most expansive offering yet, and whether you love on-the-court action or prefer off-the-court experiences, there is something for anyone, anywhere to tap into the basketball world.”Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts
Building on the terrific installment that hit consoles and the PC last year, 2K’s series is back and looking better than ever. It’s also even more packed with options and modes.
So if you’re new to the series, as I was last year, then you’ll find just about as much to keep you busy as you could want. And if you played the heck out of every installment that’s come before, you’ll still be surprised by something new.
Check out the highlights:
- Step Up Your Game – New tactical offense meets an overhauled defense for a more competitive and immersive NBA 2K22. Add skill-based dribbling, shooting, dunking, and alley-oops to your bag of moves, and counter them with ferocious new blocks and contests on the other end of the court;
- Your Journey, Your City* – MyCAREER and an all-new City become one in a groundbreaking NBA 2K22 experience for PlayStation®5 (PS5™) and Xbox Series X|S consoles. Embark on your personal journey to the pros – and a sprawling MyCAREER life – ALL within the City. Forge your own path in college, the NBA G League, or even by jumping straight to the NBA. Be a pro off the court by growing your personal brand in the music industry, fashion world, and more. And of course, ball out against the best and fiercest MyPLAYERs in the most vibrant and competitive basketball community in the world;
- All Aboard the Cruise – Set sail for the high seas in NBA 2K22 in the all-new Neighborhood, developed for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. Explore each level of the ship that is designed to offer various basketball activities, create your perfect MyPLAYER, level up for rewards, and express yourself through both your game and your style;
- Your Dream Team – Collect, craft, and hoop in the ultimate NBA fantasy competition: NBA 2K22 MyTEAM. Build your dream lineup of NBA stars and legends across any era, and explore game-changing evolutions to the MyTEAM experience, with each addition introduced Season after Season;
- New Seasons, New Discoveries – Every Season brings fresh opportunities to reap new rewards. Whether in MyTEAM, MyCAREER, or The W, compete against the best and discover what amazing rewards each new Season has in store;
- First Fridays – New songs will be added to the soundtrack on every Friday throughout the Season. All-new partnerships with some of the most notable music labels in the world; Columbia Records, Def Jam Recordings, Low Profile/Casual Records, Ninja Tune, and Warner Records will offer music from both up-and-coming artists and world-renowned musicians.
NBA 2K22 is out now for the PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch and, PC. But much like with the game itself, you have options as to which version you want to pick up.
With NBA All-Star Luka Dončić on the cover, the standard version of 2K22 is available for the Xbox One, PS4, Switch, and PC for $59.99 USD. Then there’s the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S edition, which clocks in at $69.99 USD. Want both? Then you want the cross-gen bundle, which nets you both versions for your platform(s) of choice for $99.99 USD.
And finally, there’s the celebratory NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition. You’ll find Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Dirk Nowitzki, and Kevin Durant on the cover art (by artist Charly Palmer) of that special version. That edition also includes cross generation compatibility of the bundles (for whichever platform),