Starting with the Zombie Hunter Spider-Man figure, Hot Toys has revealed its initial lineup of figures based on the new What If… ? animated show.
But, what if…
The latest Marvel Comics-based show heading to Disney+ will, of course, be “What If… ?”. Inspired by the formerly long-running comic of the same name, What If… ? poses just that question, turning the tables on a number of Marvel Comics stories. In the case of the show, that means the MCU instead of the comics, but the theme is the same.
And one of the more startling episodes looks to be a “Marvel Zombies” one. If you don’t know what that is, MZ takes place in an alternate universe where nearly the entirety of its version of Earth has been infected by a zombie plague. It’s one that seems to be magical in origin, since it infects even characters like Thor, and turns them into sadistic, evil versions of their formerly living selves. Just how much the episode will play off of the book remains to be seen, but we know the very first figure from Hot Toys will be inspired by it.
Zombie Hunter Spider-Man looks to accurately reflect his on-screen visage, complete with classically-themed Spidey costume and Doctor Strange’s Cloak of Levitation.
As usual with Hot Toys’ stuff, Spidey will feature loads of accessories, top notch 30+ points of articulation, and be cast in the 1/6th scale.
The Zombie Hunter Spider-Man Figure features:
- Detailed likeness of Zombie Hunter Spider-Man in Marvel’s What If…?
- Newly developed masked head sculpt
- Three pairs of interchangeable eyepieces
- Specialized 1/6 scale body with over 30 points of articulation
- 10 interchangeable hands including:
- One pair of fists
- One pair of opened hands
- One pair of web shooting hands
- One pair of web swinging hands
- One pair of gesturing hands – A tailored Zombie Hunter Spider-Man Suit with gray-black trim, web pattern, and black spider emblem on chest
- One pair of web shooters
- One Cloak of Levitation (embedded with poseable wire) with magnetic feature- Six strings of spider web in different shapes and lengths, attachable to the web-shooters
- One open spider web effect accessory
- A dynamic figure display stand with series logo and character nameplate
Brave new worlds
In addition to the above, we also got a very brief tease of what else is on the way. While there are no details on the other two figures announced, they’re looking pretty cool thus far. Those would be Captain Carter and the Hydra Stomper.
It’s unknown if this is a set (which would be pretty darn expensive) or two separate figures, but as you can see, Hot Toys clearly has a pretty deep lineup planned. Oh, and if you don’t know, both of these are from the same episode of What If… ?, where Peggy Carter gets the super soldier serum, and Steve Rogers pilots the Hydra Stomper armor.
Here’s the tease: