Survival game Green Hell comes to Switch from the PC today, as the first in a line of console ports that will see the game also arrive on PS4 and Xbox One.
Green is Hell
Imagine being trapped in a steamy, overgrown jungle. It’s a place that is as inhospitable to modern humans as it is welcoming to pretty much every there type of life on Earth. Oh, and everything is out to kill you. That’s just where you find yourself in Green Hell, a formerly-PC exclusive from Creepy Jar.
Survival is the game of this game, and that includes crafting items as much as it does staying away from predators.
Here’s just some of what you’ll find if you dive into the Nintendo Switch port of Green Hell today:
- Use of real-life survival techniques (including starting fires, camp building, animal traps construction)
- Crafting and composing objects allowing survival (weapons, tools and buildings)
- Food sourcing (hunting, cropping)
- Wound, disease and injury treatment, using immersive inspection mechanic
- Gameplay changing sanity mechanic – try to stay sane while the whole jungle is your enemy
- Weather system that dynamically changes the surroundings
- Rich and detailed environment
Green Hell is out now, and will run you $24.99 USD. If you buy before October 28th though, you’ll nab yourself a 10% discount off of that. And if you own Thief Simulator, Hollow, Timberman VS, or Panzer Dragoon: Remake, then you can take 33% off.
Long and winding road
Aside from the Switch port, Green Hell is also coming to the PS4 and Xbox One in 2021. But there’s more to report about the game’s future than just that. Creepy Jar has also released a roadmap of DLC and additions.
That includes a huge multi-part expansion called Spirits of Amazonia.