DC Comics is still relishing in the glow of “1000”, with multiple variant editions out there for Action Comics’ milestone right now. But there’s more to come, with an end-all edition hitting stores this coming September.
It’s time for… Action
There’s never been a celebration quite like this one, for a single issue of a comic. Though, it’s more than deserving, since Action Comics is the first ever comic to hit the heights of one thousand issues.
Publisher DC is continuing to go all out too, with a healthy dose of variants, each one celebrating the Man of Steel’s various eras. But there’s even more on the horizon. The comic book giant announced this week that a special hardcover book commemorating the event is coming.
Action Comics #1000 Deluxe Edition will land in stores this September, and offer much more than the base comic. Also included in its pages will be:
- All eighty pages featuring stories and artwork by Brian Michael Bendis/Jim Lee, Dan Jurgens/Norm Rapmund, Peter J. Tomasi/Patrick Gleason, Tom King/Clay Mann, Geoff Johns & Richard Donner/Oliver Coipel, Brad Meltzer/John Cassaday and Laura Martin, Marv Wolfman/Curt Swan, Louise Simonson/Jerry Ordway and more.
- A gallery of eighteen unique retailer variants (open to buy and retailer exclusives) and the eight decade-themed variant covers from artists including Dan Jurgens, Jim Lee, Dave Gibbons, Joshua Middleton and more.
- Scripts for each of the stories featured in ACTION COMICS #1000
- A side by side panel/page comparisons for the Peter J. Tomasi/Patrick Gleason story “Never Ending Battle”
- The original art for the Marv Wolfman/Curt Swan story “An Enemy Within”
- The Paul Levitz/Neal Adams story from ACTION COMICS: 80 YEARS OF SUPERMAN, “The Game”
- Design sketches from Jim Lee
- A complete reprint of the stories that started it all—the Superman stories ACTION COMICS #1 and 2 from 1938!
Sounds like plenty of goodies to warrant the price tag. Action Comics #1000 Deluxe Edition will run you $19.99 USD.