A pretty awesome-looking Gears of War headset from HyperX is shipping now. Just in time for Gears 4.
Nothing else matters
…but great sound. Okay, so I’m playing off the track from the new Gears of War 4 trailer that hit today with that comment. In some ways though, it’s true! I’m a fan of great sound in games myself, and I’m not just talking about top-notch voice acting. An excellent soundtrack can sometimes pick up a middling game, or make a great title even better.
Gears games usually have a very nice OST indeed, with some nice and dramatic tunes. And helping you enjoy those tracks just a bit more are folks at Kingston Tech company and their HyperX brand. With their new headset, the CloudX Revolver Gears of War, you’ll look the part too.
“HyperX is especially excited to offer Gears of War fans the opportunity to enhance their gameplay with our newest headset,” said Daniel Kelley, director of marketing, HyperX. “We’ve worked hard on the sound and design, and together with Microsoft and The Coalition, this headset gives gamers the full Gears experience.”
Emblazoned with the Gears Crimson Omen and painted a suitable shade of red, these are pretty slick indeed. Going one step further too, they have a leather headband with ‘Gears of War 4’ etched in. The new set will offer “studio-grade sound stage” as well, that Hyper X says will allow you to hear in-game elements from further away and with higher accuracy.
Bottom line, they look good and they should sound great. The HyperX CloudX Revolver Gears of War headset should be available right now. That gives you plenty of time to get a pair before Gears 4 ships out on the 11th of October (or the 7th, of you’re getting the Ultimate Edition) for the Xbox One.
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response:12Hz–28,000Hz
- Impedance: 33 Ω
- Sound Pressure Level: 104.5dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Input Power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 364g
- Weight w/ mic and cable: 380g
- Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Audio Control Box (2m)
- Connection: Headset – 3.5mm plug2 (4-pole) + Audio Control Box – 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz–18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -40dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
1 Adapter required for Xbox One™ controllers with no 3.5mm port. (Adapter sold separately).
2 Compatible with devices with CTIA standard connectors.