There is a ton and a half of content being planned for NYCC next month, with a little something for almost everybody.
Live from New York…
Typically when we deliver news about Con panels, we’re covering one company… maybe two that are linked somehow. this drop is a little different though, as it comes direct from New York Comic Con itself, and loads up with a whole bunch of presentations.
Show-producer ReedPop announced the panel slate of highlights this week, as the hype train starts rolling into the NYCC station for the big show next month (October 12th through the 15th). And when we say there’s lot planned, we mean it.
Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and more will all be on hand, showcasing new and returning shows from a collection of big names. Properties include the aforementioned, plus the likes of Scott Pilgrim, Archer, and Chucky (Child’s Play), along with spotlighted talent like Eli Roth and Matthew Vaughn. There’s even some outside-the-box stuff.
Check out the spotlighted list of panels below, and the full catalog here. Just be warned, there’s a lot to look through. Additionally, if you’re looking to get in on not just a panel, but a booth entry, exclusive or anything else, you’ll be able to access those before the show begins, at the following dates/times:
Funko Booth Entry VIP Access (Tue, Sept 12 from 10:00 AM ET-11:59 PM ET); Funko Booth Entry Access (Thu, Sept 14 from 10:00 AM ET); Panel and Exclusives Reservation VIP Access (Mon, Sept 18 from 10:00 AM ET-11:59 PM ET); Panel, Exclusives, and Private Author Autographing Reservation Access (Wed, Sept 20 at 10:00 AM ET).NYCC press release
Thursday, October 12th
- Hulu’s “Futurama” Screening & Panel with Creatives Behind The Show: The beloved sci-fi, animated series “Futurama” triumphantly returned to Hulu with all new-episodes after a brief ten-year hiatus. Celebrate with a room full of “Futurama” fans as we screen the season finale episode and get a sneak peek at Season 12, followed by a panel with the creatives behind the show. (from 20th Television Animation) . Thursday, October 12, 4:15 PM, Main Stage
- Max Presents: Scavengers Reign: Join Max Original Animation for an expansive conversation surrounding SCAVENGERS REIGN. Co-creator Joe Bennett and the team of animators from Green Street Productions will explore and dive into the creative process that has turned their award-winning animated short into Max’s newest adult animation series. The panel features a first look into the season with a screening of the debut episode before it premieres on Max. The panel will be moderated by Damian Halbrook (TV Guide Magazine).
Thursday, October 12, 4:30 PM, Room 405
- BLUMFEST NYCC: Blum is in the house. Blumhouse founder and reigning king of horror Jason Blum, the producer of M3GAN, the HALLOWEEEN trilogy and THE BLACK PHONE, reveals exclusive details about the company’s terrifying upcoming films, including FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY’S, NIGHT SWIM and TOTALLY KILLER.
Thursday, October 12, 7:00 PM, Empire Stage
Friday, October 13th
- DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES “GOOSEBUMPS” — A THRILLING NEW SERIES FOR A NEW GENERATION
Join the team behind “Goosebumps” as they screen the premiere episode of the chilling new series, inspired by R.L. Stine’s worldwide bestselling books, debuting October 13 on Disney+ and Hulu. (from Disney Branded Television and Sony Pictures Television)
Friday, October 13, 3:00 PM, Main Stage
Laugh til’ You Scream! Shining Vale Season Two Premiere: Watch the season two premiere of STARZ’s hit horror-comedy Shining Vale.
Friday, October 13, 6:00 PM, Room 405
- FX’s Archer: Exclusive Screening: FX’s Archer, the hit animated spy comedy, returns to the Big Apple for one last blow-out celebration! Join us for a can’t-miss screening of never-before-seen footage and stay for additional surprises including a NYCC-exclusive giveaway and a very special announcement!
Friday, October 13, 6:00 PM, Main Stage
- “Chucky” Season 3: Exclusive Screening: The murderous doll we all know and love is back for more mischief just in time for Halloween! Join Chucky for an exclusive screening of a new episode from the series and much more. “Chucky” airs Wednesdays at 9PM on USA & SYFY.
Friday, October 13, 6:45 PM, Empire Stage
- THANKSGIVING Panel and Footage Presentation with Eli Roth: Director Eli Roth discusses the upcoming release of the TriStar Pictures film THANKSGIVING. After a Black Friday riot ends in tragedy, a mysterious Thanksgiving-inspired killer terrorizes Plymouth, Massachusetts – the birthplace of the infamous holiday. THANKSGIVING releases exclusively in movie theaters on November 17th.
Friday, October 13, 8:30 PM, Empire Stage
- Chef José Andrés and Steve Orlando Present FEEDING DANGEROUSLY
A breakout graphic novel about the power of food, hope, and community. We would love to welcome Nobel Peace Prize Nominee Chef José Andrés (virtual) and Eisner-nominated comic creator Steve Orlando (Wonder Woman), co-writers of the upcoming TKO Studios non-fiction graphic novel FEEDING DANGEROUSLY: ON THE GROUND WITH JOSÉ ANDRÉS AND WORLD CENTRAL KITCHEN (on sale 11/22).
They will discuss this breakout graphic novel that follows Andrés and his non-profit World Central Kitchen, which provides meals in the wake of natural disasters. Through stunning illustrations, the book delves into the incredible story of how the World Central Kitchen mission began and expanded across the globe, serving over 300 millions of meals in the most dangerous conditions to bring comfort and hope, one plate at a time.
Andrés and Orlando will discuss Andrés’ lifelong love of comic books, what it means to take his talents into this new art form, and much more. A portion of every book sold will go directly back to WCK to support their urgent and incredible work. Also available to talk would be Tze Chun (TKO Studios co-founder and TV showrunner, I’M A VIRGO & GREMLINS: SECRETS OF THE MOGWAI), Sebastian Girner (TKO Studios Editor-in-Chief), and Eisner Award-Nominee Alberto Ponticelli (Virtual, illustrator of FEEDING DANGEROUSLY).
Friday, October 13, 7:45 PM, Room 409
- Designing Worlds of Horror in Scream, Insidious and More
The costume designers behind “Scream VI,” “Insidious: The Red Door”, “The Walking Dead”, and “Twisted Metal” and the production designer behind Mike Flanagan’s “The Fall of the House of Usher” provide fans with the ultimate experience by diving into the creation of film and television’s most popular horror/action releases this year. Panelists will offer a behind-the-scenes look at how they bring their designs from script to screen, as well as provide a unique glimpse into their creative approaches as filmmakers.
Friday, October 13, 9:15 PM, Room 406.1
Saturday, October 14th
- “Scott Pilgrim Takes Off” with Series Creators Bryan Lee O’Malley & BenDavid Grabinski: Bryan Lee O’Malley, BenDavid Grabinski & Edgar Wright are bringing back the beloved cult-classic world of Scott Pilgrim with the upcoming Netflix series, Scott Pilgrim Takes Off. In this new reimagining of the beloved comics, Scott Pilgrim meets the girl of his dreams, Ramona Flowers, but learns he must defeat her seven evil exes in order to date her. Then things get even more complicated. Join Bryan & BenDavid for a Q&A and exclusive sneak peek at the upcoming anime series from UCP, a division of Universal Studio Group, and animation studio, Science SARU. Based on the graphic novels by Bryan Lee O’Malley.
Saturday, October 14, 12:15 PM, Room 405
- FOX ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS KRAPOPOLIS AND GRIMSBURG: FOX Entertainment is bringing Krapopolis and Grimsburg to New York Comic Con! Set in mythical ancient Greece, Krapopolis tells the story of a dysfunctional family of humans, gods and monsters that try their hand at running the world’s first cities – without trying to kill each other, that is. Created and exec produced by Dan Harmon (Rick and Morty), the series features the voices of Hannah Waddingham, Richard Ayoade, Matt Berry, Pam Murphy and Duncan Trussell. Grimsburg, the all-new animated comedy starring and executive produced by Jon Hamm, joins the iconic FOX Animation Domination block in 2024. Grimsburg centers on Marvin Flute (Hamm), who may be the greatest detective ever to catch a cannibal clown and correctly identify a mid-century modern armoire. But there’s one mystery he still can’t crack — himself. To do that he must return to Grimsburg, a town where everyone has a secret or three, and redeem himself in the eyes of his fellow detectives, his ferocious ex-wife and his lovably unstable son.
Saturday, October 14, 12:30 PM, Main Stage
- MARVEL: Next Big Thing
This is it, True Believers – The panel you’ve all been waiting for! Join Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski as he and some of the most monumental talent of today – including Gerry Duggan (X-Men, Uncanny Avengers), Jonathan Hickman (G.O.D.S., Ultimate Universe) and Jed MacKay (Avengers, Moon Knight) – give a behind-the-scenes look at Marvel’s biggest books while peeling back the curtain on the future of the Marvel Universe. Filled to the brim with announcements, first looks, and tantalizing teases (including a special look at the biggest Marvel Comics story of 2024), this is THE can’t miss Marvel panel of New York Comic Con! Don’t forget to stay ‘til the end for the one-of-a-kind giveaway.
Saturday, October 14, 3:15 PM, Room 405
- MATTHEW VAUGHN: ARGYLLE’S MASTER OF MADNESS: As he prepares to launch his new reality-bending spy thriller ARGYLLE, master filmmaker Matthew Vaughn takes you behind the curtain of his genre-shattering blockbusters, including KICK-ASS, THE KINGSMAN films, X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, STARDUST and LAYER CAKE.
Saturday, October 14, 6:15 PM, Empire Stage
- “Exclusive First Look at THE STRANGERS Trilogy”: Director Renny Harlin (“Die Hard 2”, “Cliffhanger”, “Exorcist: The Beginning”) and producer Courtney Solomon (“After”) discuss THE STRANGERS and will provide an exclusive first-look from their new horror trilogy, releasing from Lionsgate in 2024. Renny and Courtney will also discuss the making of all three films during a Q&A with a TBA moderator, and who knows, maybe some Strangers will stop by…
Saturday, October 14, 7:30 PM, Room 409
Sunday, October 15th
- “MONSTERS AT WORK” — A FIRST LOOK BEHIND THE DOORS OF SEASON TWO
Get your fix of monstrous surprises with a sneak peek screening of “Monsters at Work” ahead of its season two debut. From Disney Branded Television, the Emmy Award-nominated animated series is inspired by Disney and Pixar’s “Monsters, Inc.”
Sunday, October 15, 12:00 PM, Room 405
- DISNEY+ ORIGINAL SERIES “PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS” SNEAK PEEK
The highly anticipated Disney+ Original series makes its debut at New York Comic-Con with an exclusive sneak peek. Based on the best-selling book series by award-winning author Rick Riordan, “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” tells the fantastical story of a 12-year-old modern demigod, Percy Jackson, who’s just coming to terms with his newfound divine powers. When the sky god, Zeus, accuses him of stealing his master lightning bolt, Percy sets off on an adventure of a lifetime with his friends, Grover and Annabeth, to find it and restore order to Olympus. “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” will debut with a two-episode premiere on December 20 on Disney+. (from Disney Branded Television and 20th Television)
Sunday, October 15, 1:15 PM, Empire Stage