Get into the theme park biz on the Nintendo Switch. Atari’s Roller Coaster Tycoon Adventures is almost ready to bring the amusement home.
Though I’ve never played Roller Coaster Tycoon, I loved Theme Park years ago. And I have to say, this looks stunningly like that in terms of look and content. That is a very good things as far as I’m concerned, since that series is long gone.
So if you liked that, then you’re going to want to have a look at Roller Coaster Tycoon Adventures. And presumably, if you’re a fan of the series that this game is based on, you might like it too.
As you can see in the trailer, there’s no release date as of yet. But going to guess that it’s not far off. The game is looking good and seems (from the trailer anyway) pretty far along. We’ll have more for you as it’s announced as to the launch.
In the meantime have a peek at what’ll be included:
- Exciting Game Modes: Create outrageous parks in three different fun-filled modes – Adventure, Scenario, and Sandbox
- Choose Your Own Adventure: A first for the RollerCoaster Tycoonseries, Adventure Mode’s brand-new Event System makes every park unique. You’ll have to make tough decisions when presented with park events, ensuring that every playthrough of Adventure Mode is a compelling new Tycoon story
- Customize and Personalize Your Park: Pick from over 50 vivid colors to customize rides, roller coasters, shops, and restaurants. Transform your park by adding a pre-made path, foliage, and river tiles. Build your incredible parks in one of four distinctive locations — Alpine, Moon, Canyon, and Tropics!
- Thrill Rides: Place seven types of fully customizable roller coasters in your park — Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive, and Accelerator
- Intuitive Management System: Streamlined management and easy-to-use tools make RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures the most accessible entry into the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise and a perfect fit for Nintendo Switch
- Attractions Galore: Choose from over 120 wacky rides, restaurants, and shops for your park — from the humble Merry-go-Round to the death-defying Roto-Drop — all featuring advanced shaders and effects
- Gameplay Flexibility: Use either Nintendo Switch Joy-Con™ controllers or touchscreen controls to play the way you want. RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures runs at 1080p when in TV mode and 720p in handheld mode