Twas the week before Christmas and all through the comics shop, new issues were releasing, carrying on some of the biggest arcs to hit the big two this Fall/Winter.
So first off, if you’re following along with any/all of the big multi-books crossovers currently going on in comics-land, then this is going to be an expensive week for you. Spider-Verse continues to web-up Spidey and co with Scarlett Spiders #2 and Spider-Woman #2. While that’s one corner of the Marvel U, Axis continues to mix and mash the heroes and villains you love with Avengers and X-Men: Axis #8, Axis Hobgoblin #3, InHuman #10, and Axis Revolutions #4.
GodHead also continues in the pages of Green Lantern: New Guardians #37 and, while not exactly a crossover, DC’s Amazo Virus storyline continues to roll with Justice League #37. It’s kind of can’t miss if you’re a fan of the League and all the weird stuff that’s been happening in that book (with Luthor and all). Also not to be missed this week is Batman #37, which continues Endgame, Criminal Macabre: Third Child #4, and the Identity Crisis 10the anniversary hardcover edition. Though I have to admit, I can’t really believe it’s been a decade since IC…
Anyway, here’s the rest of my picks as to what should be keeping you home reading instead of Holiday shopping this week. And if you want the full listing of what’s on the way to stores, click here for Previews’ listing page for the week.
- Scarlett Spiders #2, Spider-Woman #2 – see above
- Avengers and X-Men: Axis #8, Axis Hobgoblin #3, InHuman #10, and Axis Revolutions #4 – see above
- All-New Captain America #2 – FalCap, Nomad, Hydra. Need more reasons to pick this one up?
- Moon Knight #10 – Moony busts into the UN, which isn’t all that odd for him really.
- Green Lantern: New Guardians #37 – see above
- Justice League #37 – see above
- Batman #37 – see above (Joker!)
- Identity Crisis 10th anniversary hardcover – If you’ve never read it, this is one of the best crossover events from the last few years. If you have, maybe you’re interested in having it in a hardcover form?
Dark Horse Comics
- Criminal Macabre: Third Child #4 – Buy this comic! Criminal Macabre is one of the most underrated supernatural books on the market and, especially if you like Hellboy and B.P.R.D., is a winner.
- B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth #126 – One of the best books on the racks rolls with monsters in Russia, and the Zinco corp and their mysterious leader, the Black Flame.
- Predator: Fire and Stone #3 – Dark Horse’s big monster crossover continues with a heavy Prometheus influence.
- TMNT Ghostbusters #2 – Do you really need me to explain why you should be reading this one? Really?