The dhamp is back. Ziggurat and Big Boat Interactive’s remasters of the two classic BloodRayne games are ready for action, and will arrive next month.
Blood will flow once again, and very soon, as BloodRayne ReVamped and its sequel are inbound to consoles. The 2 games hit the PC not all that long ago, but are now making their way to the current crop of set-top boxes.
And being that they’re both “ReVamped”, you know they’re packing some improvements. From the sound of the list, you should definitely be able to notice a difference if you’ve played the originals.
Here’s what’s new:
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160 on supported consoles)
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Improvements to lighting at the engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Voiced audio and localized text for English, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian, and Spanish.
- BloodRayne 2: Voiced audio in English and Russian. Localized text for English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
Both BloodRayne ReVamped and BloodRayne 2 ReVamped will arrive for the PS4, Xbox One, and Switch on November 18th. While those will be digital launches, there will also be physical boxed copies for the Switch and PS4, thanks to Limited Run Games. So keep your eyes open for those as well.