Marvel and writer Donny Cates’ Venom-centric King in Black event is branching out. The evil Knull faces down the X-Men in issue #4.
X is next
If you’ve been following along with the development of King in Black, then you know just how ‘big’ of a series it is for Marvel Comics. The publisher has set it up as one of those classic Marvel events, the ones that involve almost every hero in the U.
The plot, if you don’t know, involves the god of the symbiotes himself Knull. He’s on a collision course with Earth, and is bringing a tidal wave of trouble with him. So of course, it’s going to take just about every superhero to turn the tide.
King in Black kicks off on December the 2nd, with issue #1, and a host of tie-ins. But Marvel is giving fans a little bit of a peek into February 2021’s fourth issue, including a hint at what’s in store for some of those crossovers.
Here’s a look at what’s on the way for early next year:
- KING IN BLACK #4 (OF 5)
- Written by DONNY CATES
- Art and Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
- WHAT’S A GOD TO A KING?
- KING IN BLACK: CAPTAIN AMERICA #1
- Written by DANNY LORE
- Art by MIRKO COLAK
- Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
- Captain America is in a brutal battle to win the streets of Manhattan back from Knull’s forces, aided by the Winter Soldier and the Falcon…but there’s a darkness inside Steve that he’s struggling to shake. Can his closest friends help him through, or will he succumb to the shadows? Danny Lore (IRONHEART 2020) and Mirko Colak (DEADPOOL, PUNISHER) join forces for a twisted and terrifying story at the heart of the war against Knull!
- KING IN BLACK: MARAUDERS #1
- Written by GERRY DUGGAN
- Art by LUKE ROSS
- Cover by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN
- THE QUEEN IN RED SAILS!
- Red Queen Kate Pryde and her crew of Marauders set sail against the forces of Knull! Captain Kate has pledged to fight for the needy, and a global disaster like this one gives plenty of folks in need.
- KING IN BLACK: BLACK PANTHER #1
- Written by GEOFFREY THORNE
- Art by GERMÁN PERALTA
- Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
- SYMBIOTES INVADE THE UNCONQUERABLE COUNTRY OF WAKANDA!
- T’Challa’s most treasured allies are lost in a storm of Knull’s making in this wild one-shot! Critically acclaimed writer, actor and producer Geoffrey Thorne explores a Wakanda gone dark — invaded by Knull’s massive symbiote army. Wakanda needs its king. It needs the Black Panther. But once again, the hero must choose between his role as an Avenger, his role as a king…and the yearnings of his heart.
- FANTASTIC FOUR #29
- Written by DAN SLOTT
- Art by ZE CARLOS
- Cover by MARK BROOKS
- “BONDING TIME.”
- In the middle of the chaos that is KING IN BLACK…a symbiote bonds with a member of Marvel’s First Family!
- Also in this issue, the Unseen is putting together a squadron for a secret mission in deep space.