It might have been a little bit of a rocky road, but Shenmue III is finally -almost- here. And so of course there’s a list of pre-order incentives too.
The story continues
Shenmue is a fascinating series, with a staunch support base. I can’t honestly think of too many other video game series’ that’ve taken so long off between releases and still held their fans in this kind of fervor.
Most might have been forgotten, but Shenmue is the exact opposite of that. Maybe that’s due to it not really having ended at the close of Shenmue II. Then again though, I’m sure the deep story and massively interactive world have something to do with it too. After all, if the story was a snooze, nobody would be looking for more.
In any event, Shenmue III is just about here. And so, as you might’ve guessed even without the headline, there are some pre-order goodies to talk about.
There are actually two distinct sets of these. Some you’ll get no matter where you buy the game, and some are locked to specific retailers. As for the more overarching bonuses, pre-ordering from any participating store will get you:
- Snake Power: Three bottles of ‘Snake Power’ elixir to replenish energy during battle
- Playing Tokens: 5,000 playing tokens for the in-game gambling area
- “Blazing Kick” Advanced Training Scroll: Unlocks the advanced ability of the “Blazing Kick” to better challenge Ryo’s foes
- Toy Capsule: Set of 24 tickets to exchange for in-game capsule toys
Now, let’s get specific
Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, and EB Games (in Canada) all have more exclusive items to get you to buy from them. Whether or not any of this becomes available to all players is an unknown, so choose wisely.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Gamestop (US) / EB Games (Canada)
- Dragon/Phoenix Mirror Medallion: This exquisitely-crafted physical item is inspired by the iconic Dragon and Phoenix mirrors of the Shenmue series.
- Best Buy
- Limited Edition Steelbook: This illustrated Steelbook case captures the beauty and elegance of the Shenmue series and features portraits of Shenmue III heroes Ryo and Shenhua.
- Kenpogi Training Wear DLC: Original training gear based on actual Chinese Kung Fu wear.
*at participating retailers in the US, Canada, and Latin America. DLC codes printed on receipt or delivered via email by retailer. Steelbook & Dragon/Phoenix Mirror Medallion quantities limited, while supplies last. Pick up at time of purchaseDeep Silver press release
Shenmue III hits the PS4 as a console exclusive, as well as the PC, on November 19th.