Red Faction Guerilla is back in remastered form. The remastered or, Re-Mars-tered if you prefer, edition is coming Switch this July.
One of the best entries in the Red Faction series, Guerrilla first hit consoles way back in 2009. An open-world title, the game allowed players to destroy copious amounts of terrain in their quest to save the people of Mars. I actually liked the follow-up (Armageddon) a lot more, but Guerrilla is a great game regardless.
And now, 10 years after it’s initial release, it’s back on the Nintendo Switch. Or, it will be anyway, come July 2nd.
Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered – Nintendo Switch™ Features:
- Choice between Performance and Quality Mode
- Fully reworked graphics – heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding, for example, specular maps
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved lighting
- Reworked shaders and postprocessing
- Optional Motion Controls for a better sense of aiming while playing in handheld mode
So as you can see, there have been a bunch of improvements made to the original. This isn’t a straight port, not that you would have expected that with the 10 year gap.
I have to wonder too if THQ Nordic is feeling things out a bit to see if a totally new Red Faction might have legs. If that’s the case, then I’d love to see a return to the game’s original FPS roots. Just in case, you know, anyone’s reading this who might be looking for feedback.