The first Saints Row title to appear on Nintendo Switch will be The Full Package edition of Saints Row: The Third, arriving next month.
The Third is the first
Saints Row, as a series, has been pretty quiet for a while now. But as far away as a proper sequel to SRIV might be, we have a new version of what might be the most popular game in the series.
Deep Silver announced that Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package was coming to Switch not all that long ago. And if you lost track of it, well you’re in for some good news. It’s landing on May 10th.
The Switch edition is no slouch either, packing all the DLC from the classic release… except 2. Oddly enough, Deep Silver says that both the Bloodsucker Pack and the Unlockable Pack have been left out for balancing issues. That seems odd since this is supposed to be a complete edition, but them’s the breaks.
Even so, you still get quite a bit here:
- City of Sin – Disrupt and dismantle the Syndicate stranglehold on weapons, cybercrime, and criminal rackets. Discover the secrets of Steelport, where there is action on every street corner, for better or, more likely, worse.
- Weapons of Crass Destruction – It’s one thing to defeat your enemies, but humiliating them is even better. Hover jets, human cannonball cars and melee weapon madness are all part of the fun.
- Crazy Customization – Create the most bizarre characters ever seen, from obscure celebrities to Ninja Pirates. Inside every sinner, there is a Saint and this insane level of customization will get you to either one.
- Portable Over The Top Co-op – Steelport is always more fun with friends. Fly solo or play online with a homie, and for the first time – two players can play side to side via online or local multiplayer. Imagine freefall skydiving, landing in your partner’s flaming pickup as you make a desperate run toward a heavily armed Syndicate base.
- The Full Package – Includes all three mission packs and more than 30 DLC items. All previously released content is included on the game card.*
* Two DLC packs – the Bloodsucker Pack and the Unlockable Pack, have been omitted for game balance and improvement based on feedback.Deep Silver press release
Also, if you pre-order the GameStop exclusive edition, you’ll be in for an assortment of real-world goodies.
- Get a grip on your stick with a set of Saints Row Analog Stick Thumb Grips
- 16”x 24”Double-sided Poster, featuring iconic Saints Row: The Third artwork to hang in your crib
- Official Saints Row: The Third purple microfiber screen cloth, to keep that screen mean and clean
- Represent and tag your console with 2 Saints Row Console Sticker Sheets
- 3 Double-sided Lithographs featuring six of the series’ most infamous Third Street Saints
- Double-sided Alternative Artwork Inlay for players to pimp out their boxed copy in style
- Deluxe Game Case Sleeve featuring the original “old skool” 2011 artwork for extra tasty nostalgia
May 10th is the date, so get ready. The Switch is about to get a little more Saintly. Or, as the inference may dictate, a little less.