Most gamers (who are old enough) have pretty good memories of Tempest 2000. Not seen for some time, now the series is making a comeback with Tempest 4000.
When is 4K… 4K? When we’re talking about the latest entry in the classic shooter series. The electronica-infused title is making a comeback this month, landing on the Xbox One, PS4, and PC courtesy of Atari. And yes, Tempest 4000 will be in 4k, adding a whole new level of detail to the blastathon.
How about some “key features”?
- Arcade Style Shooter: Blast down hordes of enemies in this fast-paced, arcade style shoot ‘em up.
- Unparalleled Graphics: Experience Tempest 4000’s mind-blowing graphics in beautiful 4K resolution.
- Multiple Game Modes: Pick from three different game modes including Classic, Pure and Survival that will push your skills to the limit.
- Level Up: Progress and clear through 100 unique geometric levels by destroying enemies with various weapons and power-ups, and earn upgrades through bonus rounds.
- Climb to the Top of the Leaderboards: Post your high score in your quest to be recognized as number one on the leaderboards.
- Retro Techno Soundtrack: Enjoy the beats of a thumping soundtrack inspired by early 1990’s techno.
- Old School Gameplay: Feeling nostalgic? Relive the traditional gameplay of the original Tempest with enhanced graphics on current generation consoles.
Ready to dive back into Atari’s world of color-blasted geoms? Mark your calendars, Tempest 4000 arrives on the 17th of this month.