Miss out on Vanillaware’s lavish Dragon’s Crown when it arrived last generation? Then you’re in luck as Dragon’s Crown Pro Battle-Hardened Edition is coming.
I actually wrote the review of the original Dragon’s Crown a few years back, and I enjoyed the heck out of it. A brawler with RPG elements and that staple Vanillaware charm, the game is a terrific fantasy jaunt. And now it’s back.
Look good? You bet it does. And this remaster has more than just a graphical facelift. Here’s what’s new:
- Visuals Fit for an Ancient Dragon – With beautifully refined artwork and 4K resolution support, Vanillaware’s signature art style will come alive as you bludgeon, cleave, shoot, and loot through the dungeons of Hydeland.
- A Rousing Adventurer’s Soundtrack – A newly recorded soundtrack by fabled composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, supported by a live orchestra, will accompany daring treasure hunters on their search for the Dragon’s Crown.
- Glorious Presentation – Rejoice because English and Japanese audio options will now be available! Plus, game text will be localized in French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- All the Royal Bells and Whistles – If you already own Dragon’s Crown, your saves won’t go to waste. There will be online cross-play & cross-save compatibility with existing PS3 and Vita versions. Oh, and all patches, features, and the Storyteller Voice Pack DLC from the original game will be included!
- Four Player Frenzy – With the fun local couch co-op and online multiplayer you remember, up to four players can experience countless hours battling together.
Pre-orders are live now for the game, and you can secure a copy right here. Dragon’s Crown Pro Battle-Hardened Edition will run you $49.99 USD and should arrive exclusively for the PS4 and PS4 Pro this Spring.